X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid jointer mobile base

What type of mobile base is anyone using for there 6" rigid jointer.
    Last edited by JAWS4038; 02-22-2006, 11:00 AM.

I'm using Delta's mobile base kit with plywood. Not the best solution probably, but it has been working for a few years.

Bob R

Comment

I am also in the same dilemma of needing a mobile base for my new jointer. I have been looking at the one suggested by Bob R. and also a similar one sold at Woodcraft. I have seen both recommended by others on this (and other) forums and just need to break down and finally buy one.

WWS
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Ridgid jointer mobile base

Try the General International Model 50-025. I am using one on my Ridgid Jointer and it works great. Very sturdy and very variable in size. Provides all the necessary mobility and the price is very reasonable.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998
          Try the General International Model 50-025. I am using one on my Ridgid Jointer and it works great. Very sturdy and very variable in size. Provides all the necessary mobility and the price is very reasonable.
          I am planning on buying a jointer in the near future and will need a mobile base. Can you post a link to the one you use.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

There is no other way to put it. This mobile bases are expensive but necessary.
            Here is what I use and it is excellent.
            HTC HTC2000 Universal Mobile Base goes for about $55 to $59.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

Comment

Here is a link to the one that I believe FINER9998 was talking about:

http://www.general.ca/pagemach/acces/universal.html

I was looking at that one and the one Bob R posted. Seems Woodcraft is supposed to carry the General one, but my local store does not. They only carry something similar to what Bob posted where you need to come up with your own supports to complete the assembly. I had not seen the one that olilugo had mentioned, but it currently seems to be out of stock at Amazon. I plan to do something this weekend so I'll post what I come up with.

WWS
              Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

ridgid jointer mobile base

Thanks wwsmith. That's the one I have and it works great. Fits the JOinter like a well made glove.
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Here is a nice home brew mobile base made by a long time member of this forum who hasn't been active for some time.

This thread started in 4/4/03, Woody has not been on the forum as far as I know for a number of months. so if you have questions I doubt you will get a reply from him, but anything is possible.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3846

Note to Josh: I had a very difficult time using the search feature to locate this older thread. In fact, I went to Google and looked at their cached copy of the thread (bet youz guyz, the general forum members that is, didn't even realize they indexed that stuff huh?). Even though I used the exact text of the thread topic, the search function yielded no results. I finally found it by looking through ALL the threads that UO_Woody had started, so it would seem the search function still neeeds some tweaking.
                  Last edited by Bob D.; 02-24-2006, 06:26 PM.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob D,

You have a good memory. After seeing your post, I recalled that thread too. I think UO_Woody left when just about every post was someone bitc$ing about Ridgid not making their own tools anymore. I left then too and just recently started checking in again.

UO_Woody, if your out there, come on back. Things seemed to have vastly improved.

Bob R

Comment

I think Woody's experience with his BS is probably what tuned him out to the forum, not the people here, just the idea of frequenting this place after all the trouble he had trying to get his BS squared away. Anybody considering the Ridgid BS should search out his thread from 2003/4.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Happy Birthday John

On 3/10/05 Woodslayer asked "It is good to see you posting as of late, is it safe to assume you conquered your illness?"

Woody replied "No, just the oposite is a matter of fact. However, issues that formed my absence has passed and forgotten, so I will contribute when I can."

I'm sorry to say that Woody's illness was cancer. I hope and pray for the best, but I fear the worst. His last post was 5/5/05.

My God, today is his birthday! He is 46. Happy Birthday John.

Lorax
                        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Lorax,

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear about his health. I remember him as being a very active member and I'm sure he has been missed.

Bob R

Comment

Originally posted by JAWS4038
                            What type of mobile base is anyone using for there 6" rigid jointer.

I glued 2 pieces of 3/4" plywood together and installed 4 locking swivel casters. Locks down solid and can be moved around with one finger. Made it from some HD ply scrap I had laying around........total cost of casters was less than $15.

Comment

Working...
                            X