No announcement yet.

Radio charger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i was talking to a gentlemen from TTI today. He did tell me that they do plan on comeing out with a radio after the patent issue is over with. So lets all pray that theyre damn patent that Dewalt holds comes to a close soon.

Comment

Originally posted by layoutman22
      i would like to see ridgid create a jobsite charger with a digital radio and a cd player. that would make the cordless system more complete.
      WOW!
      Why didn't I think of that? Come to think of it, we could put a radio in a toaster, a microwave. Shoot, we could even stick one in an air compressor...AWWW nutz....been done already.

HEY,
      Maybe we could make a telephone with NO cord or or or a telephone snap pictures or or or when it rings it could sound like a f@rt ....nutz again.........

NO, NO,
      I GOT IT! Add an MP3 player to the Navitrack Locator - oh wait, same ears used to hear locator have to listen to LOUD Pink Floyd/U2/Metallica etc...probably not a good idea..

You know, most jobsites I've been on, you could not hear your fat mother-in-law bellowing orders to her daughter on new ways to make your life a living h3ll! I doubt if you could hear a radio much better.
      Phil
      Tools Rule

Comment

Or you could.....

Return the old four piece kit after the collet locks on your recip, then take it home, use the various kit tools some more, ponder the nonexistence of the ridgid jobsite radio, drill about six 3/32 holes with a brand new masonry bit and break the chuck on the hammerdrill, take it back again for a return and ten percent off of the Milwaukee kit with 3rd battery and radio. By the time I got back home my brother had already drilled the rest of the holes in the slab with his 14.4 Makita. Manual hammer function I love the Milwaukee set, mostly for the radio, Sawzall, and circ. saw. The light is cool, but being the tool whore I am (with a strange penchant for flashlights and cutting implements, oh and drills) I already own 4 maglites, a couple small L.E.D. lights, and the latest, a 14.4 Makita fluorescent worklite. That thing is awesome, especially for attic crawls when you'd rather not drag an extension cord over exposed nail ends.

I liked my set until things broke. I posted proudly right after I bought the kit with my first impressions and now couldn't be happier with the Milwaukee. BTW, the "jobsite" radio sits in whatever room I'm working on (in my house) hooked up to my little iPod shuffle (free from my mom last year) because most jobsites I'm on ban the use of a radio while working unless you're in the "shop" area (where your container and materials are) and even then it really depends on how big of a Richard the safety guy or gal is. The radio sounds awesome but I'd trade it for another tool in the line in a second. If you want to make noise, make noise for a tool you're gonna need and use. Just my .02 Aloha!

Comment

Me Too!

I too have been accused of an unhealthy addiction to power tools and their accessories. In fact, there is hardly a Ridgid power tool that I don't own.

Who do we have to kill get the charger radio?

Here's the wish list:
          1. AM/FM Stereo/CD-Of course
          2. MP3 Storage
          3. Battery Charger
          4. Small tool or bit/saw storage
          5. Back rubber.

Kilroy377
          Kilroy was here!

Comment

awhile back I suggested a radio to them that instead of Cd's that you have to carry and get all scratch on that will play up to 8 hours of mp3 I right now carry a Philip's shocbox with me to the jobs every one is amazed at the sound and features for such a little thing but it is not made for the rug id haul

Comment

More Radio Ideas

A theme I've read several times is that Dewalt owns the patent on the charger radio idea, so Ridgid is stumped. I'm sitting here looking at one of several battery chargers that I have laying around and wondering why they just don't create a radio setup with an external slot and plug that current model (or newly designed) slides into. It wouldn't be any different than using the external plug on the Milwaukee radio to add a charger.

Just another idea. Unfortunately, I've been looking over these forums for a while now and the level of interaction from the Ridgid folks is somewhat discouraging.

Kilroy was here!
              Kilroy was here!

Comment

Yawn!

Haven't we beat this dead horse before?
                Phil
                Tools Rule

Comment

Radio Charger, Keep the horses coming!

Phil, What can I say, I'm not a horse fan

Besides, this is a topic for radio chargers. I guess I'll keep posting until someone from Ridgid tells me it'll never happen, buy a Dewalt.

Kilroy was here!
                  Kilroy was here!

Comment

will someone PLEASE BURN THIS DANG HORSE ALREADY!!!!!! gee wiz enough is enough
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Radio Charger

Dead horse. Who cares. Just because something isn't being done doesn't mean its not a good idea. I hold out hope that one day someone from Ridgid will read a post or two and build me a nice radio/charger/your favorite item here.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so go back in your hole!

Kilroy was here!
                      Kilroy was here!

Comment

I've Already Given Up...

on the Jobsite Radio/Charger! My MP3 flash player is right in my pocket, no moving parts, lots of tunes, NO commercials! And nobody passing by switches stations on me!!

But, you are on your own for the charger!

It's been a couple of days, just thought I'd stir the chili bowl...
                        Phil
                        Tools Rule

Comment

Consider it Stirred!

Phil,

Your post has given me something to live for! My problem...I'm addicted to Dark Grey & Orange and I like the big beater radio.

I don't think the problem is the patent. Someone alluded to it in an earlier post about the charger fan interfering with reception. I fear they are right. My Dewalt radio goes bonkers if its within 10 feet of a working charger.

What I reallly want is a little love and a response from some engineer at the Ridge company (or its conglomerate) to tell me I ain't gettin' one.
                          Kilroy was here!

Comment

I'm not a horse fan either at times but I don't think you get change if you just sit and wait. Sure my 20 dollar 128 megabyte mp3 player is great but when will there be a radio i can get my hands on. I'm really thinking of getting the Bosch and a 12v battery for it.
                            But I am also leaning toward beating these dead horse until we get glue.
                            "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                            "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm on the subject. The RIDGID radio is definitely one of the top inquiries. There are two reasons you don't have one yet. First, development takes significant time as it has to be up to the RIDGID standard and not just a "me too" product. Of course, I am sure there are those out there that would have been fine with "me too" rather than continue waiting. That is just not how we try and operate. Second, as with anything, there are limited resources. For example, our cordless team has spent a lot of time developing the 24 volt XLi platform and planning its launch. Will there be a RIDGID radio? Absolutely. Unfortunately, it is still too soon to offer an estimate on timing. In the meantime, thanks to everyone for your support of RIDGID.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand
                                I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm on the subject. The RIDGID radio is definitely one of the top inquiries. There are two reasons you don't have one yet. First, development takes significant time as it has to be up to the RIDGID standard and not just a "me too" product. Of course, I am sure there are those out there that would have been fine with "me too" rather than continue waiting. That is just not how we try and operate. Second, as with anything, there are limited resources. For example, our cordless team has spent a lot of time developing the 24 volt XLi platform and planning its launch. Will there be a RIDGID radio? Absolutely. Unfortunately, it is still too soon to offer an estimate on timing. In the meantime, thanks to everyone for your support of RIDGID.
                                See men? If you stir the chili bowl, you also get to taste the chili before everyone else! Heck, if you do it right, you'll be full time the others get to the table...

I'm surprised that no one thought of outsourcing the technology (read headache) of developing this thing. ie Milwaukee got Rockford Fosgate to help out.
                                But by all means, we need lithium-ion tools (know what I learned in school today? I learned to HUM to myself while working!) so keep on trucking!
                                Phil
                                Tools Rule

Comment

Working...
                                X