X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Polar Sparky 1224
    I'm not a horse fan either at times but I don't think you get change if you just sit and wait. Sure my 20 dollar 128 megabyte mp3 player is great but when will there be a radio i can get my hands on. I'm really thinking of getting the Bosch and a 12v battery for it.
    But I am also leaning toward beating these dead horse until we get glue.
    If you want the bosch you can dig my POS bosch out of the landfill. It died about year after I bought it. And I took real good care of it.

GOOD NEWS!!! we will get a radio... BAD NEWS.... if they dont know when yet.... then we have at least 2 more years to wait.
    Colorado Deck and Framing - When perfection is demanded

Comment

Originally posted by RobertCDF
      GOOD NEWS!!! we will get a radio... BAD NEWS.... if they dont know when yet.... then we have at least 2 more years to wait.
      In the mean time, just listen to your power toooooooools sing!
      Phil
      Tools Rule

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG.
        In the mean time, just listen to your power toooooooools sing!
        PhilG... you're nuts...you know that right.... My power tools don't sing they growl. They've been like that ever since i bought them. I'd have to say my sawzall has the baddest attitude when it comes to cutting things. What does sing is my router, but i think it's just mocking me now.
        "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
        "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

[quote=oldslowchevy]yes we ll make one ...................... ummmmm on second thought no .... no we are not umm sorry ,it should be in the stores by christmas .......of some year .......... oh shucks i forgot we arent making one,again sorry ................ but it you like we can add a can/bottle opener on the side of it if we every do make one but why do you want one dont our tools sound good enough to be music????? any way like i have said keep an eye out for it sooner or later oh yeah i keep forgeting we arent making one. gee i sure hope every one is happy now that,thats been cleared up. lmao[/quote hummm does anyone remember this post????? now what i really want to know is this, when the radio does come out well it only charge our new lith ion or our old nicads or both types of batterys? also does any one think ridgid will come wit 18 volt lith ion batterys to replace or add to our ni cads?
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy
            ...also does any one think ridgid will come wit 18 volt lith ion batterys to replace or add to our ni cads?
            If it were up to me (it isn't!!), the Li-ion technology would try to blend into the earlier technology as seamlessly as possible. Which means the same battery carcass to install the Li cells in instead of the Ni-Cd or the Ni-MH cells in, but, just look at how many battery types Makita, for example, has gone through to get to their present Li-ion technology.

I would think that since the charging units have to be so different (1.2volt cells vs 4.0volt cells), that this "idea" won't work.
            We just going to have to wait & see. It almost doesn't make sense right now to buy the older technology (which {disposal} is also bad for the environment!) with the "right stuff" just around the corner! Perhaps consumers can hasten this happening by just refusing to buy the old stuff. Then maybe R&D will rush to get this to the stores. The only trouble with this is you want it done (design wise) right otherwise there's little if any advantage to move up to the better stuff.

My idea, I'm patching and fixing the old stuff until I decide who's on top in this particular race. As I've said before, I tend to be color blind brand-wise. If you make the best "X" then it will be in my tool box (sorry Fein & Festool not until I win the Lotto).
            Have a nice weekend!
            Phil
            Tools Rule

Comment

Originally posted by Polar Sparky 1224
              PhilG... you're nuts...you know that right.... My power tools don't sing they growl. They've been like that ever since i bought them. I'd have to say my sawzall has the baddest attitude when it comes to cutting things. What does sing is my router, but i think it's just mocking me now.
              Polar Sparky 1224,

Hey man, good thing you added that "apostrophe" and the "e" or I might have thought you were harrassing me...

Hey, YOU figure it out...
              Phil
              Tools Rule

Comment

Jobsite radio...

I also owned a Bosch PowerBox. Like everyone else has said, it was real POS. After a year or so of complaining to Bosch, they finally sent me a refund for it. I still can't believe that a company that makes such good tools would put out a crappy radio that could only hurt its reputation.

I now own the Milwaukee radio that works with all of their batteries. I don't see much need for a combo with a charger, so it's great for me. But now I've purchased the 24v Ridgid combo and am selling my V28 tools.

That will leave me with a radio with no batteries. So I'm devising a plan to take my Milwaukee radio apart and modify it so it will take Ridgid batteries. And, gentlemen, I can rebuild it. I have the technology....

(I've never tried the DeWalt radio because their cordless tools have always looked and felt cheap to me--including the new 36v ones.)
                Last edited by Lee M; 07-12-2006, 12:02 AM.
                So many saws, so few fingers...

Comment

Go for it!

Lee, Let me know if your mod works. I've got a Dewalt radio here and I'd be willing to rewire it if you can get yours up and running. I mentioned in an earlier post that it seems the charger fan disrupts the reception. Although, you probably don't need the fan to charge up the batteries.

Good luck!
                  Kilroy was here!

Comment

Kilroy...

I just read the post (above) from the Ridgid rep. If they're coming out with one, I'll just wait (I'm pretty lazy).

Also, the Milwaukee radio does not charge batteries. If it did, I don't think I'd try to adapt another battery to it.

The fan in the Ridgid chargers it what allows them to charge so rapidly. I know that my Bosch PowerBox charged batteries much, much slower than the charger that came with my cordless Bosch combo (which didn't even have a fan). I don't really see the need for a charger in a radio.
                    Last edited by Lee M; 07-12-2006, 02:04 AM.
                    So many saws, so few fingers...

Comment

Where's the Radio Charger?

I keep looking in the store for the Ridgid Radio/Charger. What's up!
                      Kilroy was here!

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy
                        does any one think ridgid will come wit 18 volt lith ion batterys to replace or add to our ni cads?
                        18V XLi Batteries are going to be coming out I hear sometime this year certainly hope so. And they will be compatible with the 24V tools. Have not heard about use with the existing NiCds but with Milwaukee's V18 that will retrofit their 18V NiCd and charge old NiCd batteries I would expect they will. But will have to wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                        X