best compressor under 20 gallons??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best compressor under 20 gallons??

Still shopping for a compressor for home use (anything from barad nailer to 4 tire changing impact wrench, to maybe light spray application) and am stuck between a good twin stack (Rigid 4.5 gallon OF45150 ), campbell hausfeld 15 gallon, Husky 15 gallon with campbell hausfeld tool combo or now a 15 gallon Porter Cable (CPF4515). Is the ridgid OF45150 as good as they say and can it handle the occasional tire change. Can anyone comment on the others or have any insight on a portable compressor under 20 gallons for the average tire rotating woodworker?? The PC has one of the highest SCFM's as does the smaller Ridgid?? But any help would be great. Also Home Depot sells a Husky air tools set. Is it better quality than basic Campbell Hausfeld tools??

I have heard alot of feed back on the porter cable's as being pretty good.but it is just hear say i donot own one.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

The PC has one of the highest SCFM's as does the smaller Ridgid?? But any help would be great. for 300 to 400 dollars you get the PC with 3 nailer's! I would go for that in a heart beat. But i would also consider the Ridgid. compare the two and pick the one that has the air capacity you need and the higher scfm.

Also Home Depot sells a Husky air tools set. Is it better quality than basic Campbell Hausfeld tools?? Campbell Hausfeld and husky are nearly the same I have an old Campbell Hausfeld 4 gal with a new pump on the top it would look just like the new husky. I have fixed it since i got it for nothing since the former owner said it would never shut off. Well after a few Saturdays tinkering with it it shuts of at 90 psi and has no air leaks at all and is able to run my Ridgid straight finish nailer! So as long as you care for you tools they'll survive longer.
      "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
      "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Working...
      X