X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Problem

I have an 18V cordless hammer drill that I can't get the battery off of. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

What has worked for me is to have the drill chuck aimed at the floor and. After letting the chuck touch the floot, hold the drill with your knee's with the battery facing away from you. use on hand to press the release buttons and with the other hand give the battery a gentle hit. (i know that was an oxymoron.) If you can get it loose then look at the bottom of your drill where the battery clips in. if it is not totally smooth along the lip like part, that would cover the label on the battery. I took a file and smoothed it out. all you need to do is remove the ridge along the edge without changing the shape of the lip like part. If that makes sense. if you put the drill back in the upside chuck facing you the area that needs the filing is now right under your nose.

This statement in no way makes Ridgid or it's affiliates responsible for the misinterpretation or error of either party involved in the giving and reading of this message.
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Obviously, its not supposed to be that hard to disengage the battery from the drill. If its been purchased within the last 90 days, take it back to HD for an exchange. If its been longer than than that, take it to an authorized Ridgid Service Center and they will fix it free of charge. No offense PS1224 but taking a file to the battery or the drill could be interpreted as tool abuse and possibly void the LSA.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I did nothing to the battery, the clamshell for the drill was molded wrong. I had mine for more than 90 days and it only happened with one battery. I wasn't that worried about the lsa since it would not effect the performance of the drill. I'll get you a picture of the area i leveled out.

Comment

not as clear as i'd like but i filed down the areas marked black. Until i drew there with a sharpy you'd have never noticed i did anything.
          Attached Files

Comment

"the areas marked black"

Huh? the whole picture is just about black (poor lighting).

I'll get a couple sparkys over there to rig you some temporary lighting in a jif, don't you go stringing your own lighting, you could get hurt ya know
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by battac
              I have an 18V cordless hammer drill that I can't get the battery off of. Has anyone else ever had this problem?
              May be need to get a master sparky to make this change? Sure don't want you to get hurt messing with electricity
              SSG, U.S. Army
              Retired
              K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Sorry.....
                I did try to tell em what i did to fix my problem. Maybe ask MD about it?

Comment

Working...
                X