X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 router table design

After researching design ideas and after market tables I decided on this design. Hopefully others searching for answers can draw ideas from the design. I used 2 pieces of 5/8 mdf laminated and edged with hardwood for the surface. I will be adding formica when I find some cheap. For attaching the table and support I used iron "brackets" I made from some iron pieces I got at Home Depot. I cut them to size and drilled holes to attach to the existing bolts that hold the rails to the saw and added 2 more bolts by drilling thru the sides of the iron extensions. I used flat steel to attach the iron brackets to the rail bolts. This gave me a very ridgid way to mount the table and put zero stress on the rails since the rails are not attached to the table. I then used prefab corner brackets to attach the table at all four corners to the iron brackets with over sized holes to allow for leveling adjustment.

I hope this gives others ideas.

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment
    Attached Files

Nice work Alex!

Jerry
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

Thats great idea alex. I've also been thinking about how i want to mount the router table extension to the TS. I like the fact that there will be no stress on the rails without needing bottom supports.

Comment

3650 router table design

Am I correct in assuming that the router table takes the place of the extension bar?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

Yes the table replaced the spacer bar. The table fits snug between the rails so the width of the table keeps the rails from flexing when the fence is locked since I custom made the table from mdf I was able to cut it just right to fill the space.

Comment

I'm going to do this too!

How far to the left did you extend the iron bars? Do they go all the way across to help spread out the weight? Do you have to be concerned about putting too much stress on the right wing extension?

Comment

Working...
            X