No announcement yet.

ridgid router combo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to try not to be bitter. I held out for so long waiting for Ridgid to release a router combo, then about 6 months ago I sent an email to customer service asking if there were any plans for development.

I got an email back from someone I won't name, stating very clearly there were no plans for Ridgid to develop a router. Grrrr.

Don't lie to me, dude. A little more transparency/communication with your customer base wouldn't hurt your business.

I'm happy with my Dewalt 618 3-base pack. Offer a bonus D-handle base and you might get my attention.

dp

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith
      Josh,

If you can send each of us one of those router sets, I'm sure we can provide you all the photos the forum will every need!

CWS
      NOW THAT IS A GREAT IDEA FOR ALL THE TOOLS FREAKS LIKE ME. SO, WHAT SIZE, RESOLUTION AND FILE TYPE WOULD YOU LIKE THOSE PICTURES?????
      "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
      "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Ridgid router combo

Well were do I sign up for this deal. Oh, I geuss I am on file already. I will be waiting for the package to come. Then I will have to get the camera out and take a few snap shots.
        Life is like drywall, if you make a mistake, use extra mud.

Comment

router combo

Hi Just picked up the new router combo ! So far looks great. I couldnt wait to get home so I opened it in the car why wait to drive the 4 blocks right? Anyway I am going to test her out soon but at first it looks GREAT Anthony

Comment

Gee Anthony,

You mean you don't have one of those power inverter things that you can plug into your cigarette lighter.... why wait until you get home to try it out?

Isn't it amazing how happy we can be with a quality new tool

CWS
            Last edited by CWSmith; 03-17-2006, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith
              Gee Anthony,

You mean you don't have one of those power inverter things that you can plug into your cigarette lighter.... why wait until you get home to try it out?

Isn't it amazing how happy we can be with a quality new tool

CWS
              i guess that makes us full fleged tool adicts........

Comment

Whats the story with not being able to get the accessories for the router from ridgid. Called the number in the owners manual and they act like your from another planet. If its not in their computer then obviously you cant have the right parts #'s. Needed to order the edge guide and no one knows what im talking about. Very frustrating.

Terry

Comment

The porter cable edge guide should work in it....

As for being a tool addict i have no idea what you talking about...... but if another 20 or so power tools will cure it I like the idea!!!!!!
                  "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                  "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

porter cable rails are too large for the holes in the ridgid. I tried that one already. I was also hoping for an easy fix, but no luck

Terry

Comment

Snafu

This is SOP it seems for Ridgid woodworking tools, sad to say but true.

Originally posted by terryw
                      Whats the story with not being able to get the accessories for the router from ridgid. Called the number in the owners manual and they act like your from another planet. If its not in their computer then obviously you cant have the right parts #'s. Needed to order the edge guide and no one knows what im talking about. Very frustrating.

Terry
                      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I'd give Ridgid Customer Support a call and see if and/or when this accessory will be available. Also, ask them if the Ryobi guide will fit. If so, that should be readily available at HD or the equivaltent Craftsman guide at Sears.

CWS

Comment

When will it be available online

Does anyone know if it will be available at Home Depot's website soon? i got an email for 10% I'd like to use.

Comment

Ridgid Heavy Duty Router Combo

If you are looking for the Ridgid Heavy Duty Router Combo, try this. I heard rumor one was coming, and 3 weeks ago I was in my local Home Depot in North Little Rock, AR and as always I was looking high. High to the overstock racks that is, where actually most of the new stuff stays for weeks before they put it on the shelves. To my suprise, I saw a Ridgid Router... not the little dinky laminate router, but the big one. There were 3 of them stacked up there with a stock number taped to them. There was no display model nor was there a spot made for them on the floor. I therefore summoned my good buddy in tools that night and asked him to get me one down. He said, "Dam*, I didn't even know Ridgid made a router, but if it is in the system, you can buy it". It was in there, and I am now a proud owner.

Only setback is no edge guide in it like the Dewalt or Bosch has. I saw somewhere on this forum where you could buy one for extra, but if one exists, it is an enigma to the people at Ridgid customer service and parts.

If someone knows how to get the edge guide kit for it, please give us all the heads up.

So if you are looking for the router, and you don't see it on the floor, look high.
                            \"Somewhere between the computer plans and picking up a hammer, something goes terribly wrong...\"

Comment

Ridgid Heavy Duty Router Combo

Oh, and by the way, I was in the same Home Depot last night and it has been almost a month since I purchased my router and it still has no home nor display on the floor. The other two routers still sit up high on the shelves collecting dust. Sad too, because I raised heck with the manager about it... I guess I showed him...
                              \"Somewhere between the computer plans and picking up a hammer, something goes terribly wrong...\"

Comment

What about the Edge Guide?

Josh,

Can you check into where and if there will be an edge guide kit for the router. I just used my router to create some dadoes for some metal shelf standards and like my PC the shaft is not perfectly centered in the base when mounted so I had some shifting here and there when I turned the router just a bit. I held it as straight as I could but I am a junior to this routing stuff and it sure would have been a heck of a lot easier with an edge guide that most everyone else has available. The hitachi even comes with a seperate base with a flat edge for guiding packaged with the unit.

Just wondering. After about 8 3 foot dado cuts I was about to take the darn thing back and buy the dewalt.

Help us please!

Comment

Working...
                                X