Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions on modifying 3650 switch?

I want to be able to easily shut off the TS3650 with a kick of the knee or the tap of a paddle but the switch on this saw is different from the one's I've seen where it allows you to build or make a wooden paddle for easy access. Has anyone done this sort of modification without having to change out the entire on/off switch assembly? Pictures would be appreciated so I could get some ideas. Thanks.

I have the switch for my 3650 on the left side of the rail and I can shut the saw off by using my thigh without any problem. The switch is easy to shut off this way, almost too easy. I am fairly tall (6'4") so it may be that my height is a help here.
    If you want to modify the switch I would guess that because of the angle that the switch is at you would need to go to a different switch altogether or at least move the switch to a different location. I am not sure but I would expect that this would likely void your warranty for the saw.

Ken

Comment

Switch

I just replaced mine with a Switch from ROUSSEAU. It was made for router tables, but works great on the 3650.
      Never use your thumb to check the sharpness of a spinning blade

Comment

Working...
      X