new circular saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new circular saw

My old Bosch skilsaw died and i need to get a new one looking for recomendations from other members
    thanks in advance..

No complaints here when it comes to my Milwaukee 6390 Tilt-Lok circular saw. I really like the fact that I can adjust the handle angle and actually use that ability more than I thought I would.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I would get a new bosch worm drive again... The last one I bought was the ridgid worm drive and its ok if you can get it for a good price. But I kind of miss my bosch and I will buy another next time I need to
      Colorado Deck and Framing - When perfection is demanded

Comment

Bought a "Left-Hand" Porter Cable 743 two years ago. Great Saw. Great for deck work, ripping out 4x8 plywood sheets, etc. Plenty of guts going through wet or green wood and 3/4 cabinet grade ply. I like the "lefty" design but thats kinda a personal preference.
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

i have both the r3200 and r 3210 worm for genaral work i and love them dearly they are heavy and more than powerful enough for 95% of the jobs that the do.i also prefer heavy saws in my opinon they are more stable,for finish work i have a 30+ year old porter cable model 315 that i would kill for .......... no i really mean it i would kill some one if it ever disappers!! and i have an old de walt dw 357 for junk work
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I picked up a skil saw with the laser guide about a year ago for 50 or 60 bucks from walmart. Didn't need to go too fancy for a circ saw and the price was right. I have put it through the paces cutting 2X's to 3/4 inch ply and it's held up nicely. For the money I don't think you can beat it. Keep in mind there's a skil saw they sell for about $30 but i'd stay away from that one, heard some negative reviews about that model.

Comment

I'm to used to the right side blade never have been comfortable with the worm drives. got a couple of old milwaukee drills might give that saw a look..

Comment

Personal opinion, Used to have old worm drive skilsaw - loved it. Just bought Ridgid's worm drive - Love this one especially since there is very little twist torque when you start it. As for right hand skill saws, never did like these, always had trouble keeping them going straight. Good luck on your quest.

Comment

Did you review the new bosch DCS at amazon

Hey Ron:

I just signed up here and noticed your inquiry. For circular saws I prefer the wormdrives but also have a sidewinderl. Recently got the new Bosch with the quick Disconnect System. Won't bore you here if not interested but the saw has been taking off at Amazon. If you can get the saw at home depot it has a well integrated saw hook, lengthy extension cord, and nice blade.

I did leave a review at Amazon FMI- tkholck

Comment

My hand me down B&D from my dad finally bit the dust. I looked at all the offerings (all have pros and cons). But settled on the Bosch CS20 http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...=54930&I=55124
                    It has good reviews in mags and by daily users. I'm a DIY'er but like buying a tool ONCE I prefer to save up for the better quality. I have used it to build a new bathroom cutting 2x4's as well a sheet goods and it worked great !!!
                    Ted

Comment

Working...
                    X