X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Charger Question

I am trying to determine if the 9.6 volt battery for the pivoting screwdriver can be charged on the dual port AC47001 charger. I have another charger that came with the smaller 18volt drill and it lists that it will charge from 9.6 to 18 volt. My older 18 volt heavy duty 1/2" drill charger only lists that it will charge from 12 volt to 18 volt . The charger that came with the screwdriver specifies it will charge from 9.6 to 18 volt.

I think not. This is right from the web site.

The RIDGID Rapid Max Dual Port Charger is the ultimate in battery charger technology. With its dual diagnostic units, unique forced air cooling, the Rapid Max Dual Port Charger can charge two battery packs at the same time in as little as 30 minutes. The Rapid Max Dual Port Charger works with ALL RIDGID standard and MAX HC battery packs. Regardless of what size battery you choose to use,12 Volt, 14.4 Volt, or 18 Volt, the Rapid Max Dual Port charger will always keep you powered up to tackle any task.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I have the Rapid Max Twin Charger Dual Port Charger that came with the 5 piece combo kit. No where on my charger do I see the model # AC47001. It does say on the front of the charger 9.6v 12.0v 14.4v 18.0v. Might want to call tech support to be sure.
      Last edited by Bojack; 03-14-2006, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Just to see, I went ahead and tried the 9.6 volt battery in my dual port charger. It worked. As I suspected, my charger was an older one and it just does not have the printing on it to indicate it will charge from 9.6 to 18 volts.

Comment

It'll work

I recently had the same concern with my 9.6V battery and then I ran into one of the ridgid reps at the HD. He told me it's the same dual port charger as when they first came out when they only had the 12V, 14.4V and 18V batteries. Since they added the 9.6V battery they now changed the writing on the charger so it now reads 9.6V, 12V, 14.4V, and 18V.

Ridgid hasn't updated this information on their website. But the dual port charger will charge the 9.6V Battery.

Comment

Working...
          X