Stolen tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen tools

I was recently a victim to some thieves who stole some of my tools, while speaking to police they suggested juststolen.net

This thing is great, have a look

Originally posted by Joe5656
    I was recently a victim to some thieves who stole some of my tools, while speaking to police they suggested juststolen.net

I smell a can of spam.
    Colorado Deck and Framing - When perfection is demanded

Comment

I hear a knight and he's going NEEK NEEK.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
          I hear a knight and he's going NEEK NEEK.
          Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Comment

Hey Josh!

why don't you click on www.juststolen.net and tell us what happens?
            Lorax
            "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Not a bad site, it registers just fine and no spoofing that I can tell.
              Seems to be an online registry for property with model# and serial#.
              Although if it's run by the crooks they'd know all the toys you have and where to find them no?
              My shop:
              Ridgid TS2424 w/Forrest WWII
              Incra TSIII w/Wonderfence & rt. side table
              Old Shopmaster 14" bandsaw
              Sunhill 6" Jointer
              DW708 SCMS w/Forrest Chopmaster
              Delta Shopmaster drillpress
              Incra Router Lift
              Pro Ftr guides
              2 Grrrippers & 2 GripTites
              CMJ splitter
              10 fingers

Comment

If the value of your stolen tools was over $5000.00 and you have the s/n's the police could enter them in NCIC as a stolen article so that if they are recovered the officers can run the S/Ns and possibly return them to you. otherwise your best bet appears to be juststolen.net if the police dept that recovers your items uses it you could get your tools back.

Comment

my tools were stolen once and i can't do anything about it but i have painted all my tools so that my co-workers and my self can recognize them from a distance.

How can you verify this is run through the proper authorities? If they get my full name and state i live in they can then figure out were my house is and come by to "take inventory of my tools". I have little faith in this kind of thing working when one of my classmates tools were stolen and they tracked the calls on his cell phone, and then found the guy by calling his parents in Mexico to say their son was in a hospital and they need to come up to verify it is there son. Well the guy got tons of calls from his parents from Mexico and only got a fine for stolen goods.

I tried to be objective but My tools were also stolen by a Hispanic worker.
                  "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                  "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

if i had some tools taken from my truck or tool box i can go home and get my dog an sent her off my tool box or truck and she will fined the last person that was in there and she will jump on that person to ID them.

and this will holed up in court in pa
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Ya don't go to no web site and register your tools except the tool manufacturer for the warrenty. Thieves don't need much info to find you, starting with your name and then your IP addy will tell them what city your in. I have had tools stolen before. Reported to the police with Mod# and ser# and copies of receipts to prove ownership. Bought some of them back real cheap at the police auction 6 months later.
                      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe5656

i wonder just how true..

Comment

Working...
                        X