X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r2610 RO sander suggestion

this statement is meant for the marketing people responsible for said model: i want a hard plastic case for my new sander! paying $70 more to go from a 5" to a 6" RO sander SHOULD still come with a case! just my .02. 'nough said.

As long as you put this in this forum and not the suggestion forum here's my take on this issue. The Case vs No Case battle has been raging for years and there will never be a popular side to be on. The other side of the coin would be; "gee, I'm sure glad I only had to pay $70 more instead of $75 for this sander. Who needs a stinkin $5 case anyway?"

Personally, I prefer my tools that may leave the shop to come with cases. For tools that travel, circular saw, drill/driver, jig saw, recip. saw and a few others, the cases get used but for those tools that stay in the shop, the cases get stored away. I should probably throw them away but just can't bring myself to do it. For my shop bound tools, I would prefer they come less the case but that isn't always an option. In those instances, it kind of irks me that I have to pay that $5 extra for a case I know I'll never use.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I agree with Dave. I would also say that if the tool does come with a case, I would rather it be a hard side case and not a bag. The only point to me would be for protection. I could always get a soft sided tool bag somewhere if I wanted to use it to carry various tools around a jobsite.

WWS
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
        As long as you put this in this forum and not the suggestion forum here's my take on this issue. The Case vs No Case battle has been raging for years and there will never be a popular side to be on. The other side of the coin would be; "gee, I'm sure glad I only had to pay $70 more instead of $75 for this sander. Who needs a stinkin $5 case anyway?"

Personally, I prefer my tools that may leave the shop to come with cases. For tools that travel, circular saw, drill/driver, jig saw, recip. saw and a few others, the cases get used but for those tools that stay in the shop, the cases get stored away. I should probably throw them away but just can't bring myself to do it. For my shop bound tools, I would prefer they come less the case but that isn't always an option. In those instances, it kind of irks me that I have to pay that $5 extra for a case I know I'll never use.
        the suggestions forum would not make sense. reread its description and you will see why. and yup, my tools are a travelin' with me all the time.

Comment

Working...
        X