Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
problem with the ridgid sliding compond mitre saw throwing sawdust Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with the ridgid sliding compond mitre saw throwing sawdust

Hi Everyone,

I am new at this and am not sure if I am even in the right place or not

My husband has the ridgid compound sliding mitre saw and he said the pick up for the sawdust is too far away and it shoots sawdust every where.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so any suggestions on a fix???

You can email me at lindasallans@sympatico.ca
    Just in case I can't find your answers to my question.

I will try though ! !

if your husband has just the dust bag attached right to the back of the saw without the elbow it will not collect as much dust. i have the 10" and when i took out the the dust guide and the dust went every where but into the bag.
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Miter saws are famous for not doing a very good job at collecting dust. I have mine hooked up to my shop vac and that does an OK job of collecting sawdust but even that is nowhere near as efficient as I would like it to be. If you can leave the saw in a single location, a dust shroud in conjunction with a Dust Collector has worked well for some people.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

bd always has the right answer!
        Originally posted by HAL
        you know Dave is right, he is always right. When i used mine last i had 75% for the dust bag full and a lot of dust every where else. My emotion processors can barely handle the eagerness to make something else.
        even though miter saws are dust spewing monsters you will enjoy using it! I practically sleep with mine!
        "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
        "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Working...
        X