X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffbob

I bought a used ridgid 13" planer. The rollers are not keeping the wood held down. I get awful snipe when I put a piece through. Any suggestions or advice. This is my first planer. I just finished a shop and am excited to start keeping busy building things to keep my spouse our of Haverty's.

I am a new member to the forum and looking forward to giving any help to others I can. I am a newbie but have lots of energy if not sense.

Jeff

Jeff this is the 4 thread you have started with the same question. Incase you can't find your first thread here is the respose from it ....

Not to be disrespectful but I would start by reading the manual. Sounds like you do not have the cutter head close enough to the platen for the thickness of wood you are using. The feed rollers should turn at about 50 RPM to give you a 26Ft/min feed rate (based on a ~2" diameter roll)
    Just read your other post and you say you bought it used. Just incase you didn't get the manual with it, here is a link to the manual http://www.ridgid.com/CatalogDocs/TP1300_316_eng.pdf

Comment

jeffbob

Thank you. I did not have the manual. I did not see my other posts showing up. I appreciate your quick response.
      I will give you feedback on how it works.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X