X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Dust Collection

I am new to this forum, but not to woodworking. I am ready to upgrade to a TS3650, but am curious as to the efficiency of the dust collection. I have a HF 2 hp DC in which the TS will be connected to, along with all the rest of the shop, using 4" hose with branches to each tool. The TS will be second in line after the planer. Each branch has a gate associated with each tool.
    I know that contractor style table saws are notoriously inefficient, but I also understand the 3650 has been good in the DC dept. Is there a shroud or something that encloses the back side of the saw?

Thanks in advance for any info. I've been cruising through here for the last couple of weeks looking for info and ideas about the "Big Orange" tools. So far as my tool upgrades go, I have decided with the TP1300 planer, the 6" jointer and possibly the 3650. Pretty much sold on that too, just needed some info on dust collection. I'm picking this stuff up next week, along with a new scroll saw. BTW, upgrading from 25 yr old Craftsman, tired of that dull gray color, need to brighten the place up!

John

I also have the HF DC and for now hook it to my 3650 using a reducer on the 4" hose to a two inch then use rubber connection I found in the plumbing dept. at HD. some on here have taken the DC connection off the 3650 and made a shroud using a 4" connector. I just haven't had the time to do it yet. The HF DC does a good job except when I cut Trex. That stuff is hard on the blade and does not travel through the DC very well at all.

Comment

Here is a link to a thread where this was discussed some. Not sure if you saw yet or not. Bob D. had a link to some photos of what he did with his saw for dust collection that looked like pretty good idea. Like L Turner said he has a shroud with a 4" connector.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ust+collection

Sorry Bob, hope you don't mind me showing off your shop!

WWS
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

The only thing I have noticed is that when using a ZCI it does not do a very good job.
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by TOD
          The only thing I have noticed is that when using a ZCI it does not do a very good job.
          Did you drill a couple or 3 3/8" holes in the ZCTP? I found this, for some reason, makes the DC better.
          ken
          Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by KenM
            Did you drill a couple or 3 3/8" holes in the ZCTP? I found this, for some reason, makes the DC better.
            ken
            No I didn't, thanks for the tip.
            SSG, U.S. Army
            Retired
            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
            X