Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18V Cordless Adhesive / Caulk Gun

Hello Everyone,
    I was just wondering if anyone has purchased one of these caulk guns. How well do you like it ? How long have you used it ? Is there a attachment for sausage tubes (That you know about) ? How long do the batteries last ? I hope I'm posting this in the right forum if not I'm sorry. As the salesperson at HD couldn't answer these questions.
    Attached Files

Why?

Is it difficult to squeeze the trigger on a manual one?

Can you get the degree of controll you want with a powered gun?

Caulk guns are cheap, and disposable, because caulk (and glue) tubes regularly fail at the push end. They make a mess of the gun. It's cheaper to toss it than clean it. Are you going to feel fine with tossing your power gun?

Comment

I occasionally find that it's hard to squeeze adhesive out (depending on the product and the temperature), and have thought about getting a powered gun - but then I always remind myself how screwed up and messy and gunky it will get, and change my mind.

Comment

I bought it about 4 months ago but that is because I am a tool whore. I have not used it for anything more than sqeezing a 1/2 tube of glue out for the fun of it. I did notice it is very good at not leaking I was very suprised how well it does that.
        Colorado Deck and Framing - When perfection is demanded

Comment

Although I do not own one, I did use one last summer when helping a friend do some landscaping. We used liquid nails on some pavers put up for a decorative flowerbed wall. I would say it worked great. There was a lot of pavers and glueing going on for a long stretch and it was a little easier having a "power gun" for the work. The base that pushed up inside the tube was a little larger and helped reduce leaking quite well. I don't have the need to use a caulk gun often enough to purchase one, but if I was for that type of work I would consider it. Not sure I would for general calking though.

WWS
          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Same here, I don't own one, but used one about a year ago. It was 12Volts and used with quart size liqiud nails before lying flooring down. 20 tubes before the battery needed recharged. It was a time and labor saver.
            Unless you are the lead Dog, the scenery does not change...

Comment

Thanks Everyone,
              Right now I'm sound proofing a new school. As with old age my fingers get cramps using a squeeze gun. On average I can use up 3-4 cases of sound caulking per day. (Somedays more somedays less) Mind you I don't mind using caulking guns. They are cheap on I don't mind throwing them out. Some of the guys that I work with think I'm getting lazy by wanting one of these guns. I don't think I am and the site boss doesn't think I am. All I'm trying for is more comfort and more production. (So that I can go do more interesting work).

Comment

I am a drywaller and own one of these guns . It took some getting use to but I like the consistency of it . I am a piece count worker ,so speed is a big factor . If you keep the trigger pushed in , it is all you can do to keep up with the gun . If you stop on each stud , then it takes a little more time but still puts a good bead of adhesive on . All and all I'm pretty happy with it . Now , where it really shines is when you need to caulk around windows , tubs etc. You can slow it way down and have a small bead come out to near perfection . All you have to do is move the tool . Also , you can use the large tubes or the smaller ones both with this gun . (good option) .

Comment

I too own one these guns and am very happy with it. It works great especially when using poly-urethane adhesives / caulks, try squeezing those with a regular gun. It is definately a time saver and worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by tld7009
                    I am a drywaller and own one of these guns . It took some getting use to but I like the consistency of it . I am a piece count worker ,so speed is a big factor . If you keep the trigger pushed in , it is all you can do to keep up with the gun . If you stop on each stud , then it takes a little more time but still puts a good bead of adhesive on .
                    How is it as far as getting adhesive on the plunger?

Comment

I had an old tube explode on me and had a pretty big mess . I had to run the plunger through the machine to get the tube out and then sprayed wd-40 on the glue that was on the rod part of the gun. It seemed to neutralize the glue making it easier to remove . The gun works the same as it did before . Same thing you would have to do if you had a tube go bad on an OSI manual gun .

Comment

I normally just pitch them at the end of whatever job I was using it for!! I got the chance to hang some sheetrock 230 board to be exact. Wow you guys deserve every penny ya get!!

Comment

We use the osi large glue guns that if we threw away after every job we would go broke . I don't think the ridgid gun is a must for my job , it was just a cool tool and I had to have it . Honestly though , it really does work well for the silicone applications around tubs ,windows, siding etc. As mentioned before , it also works well for landscaping bricks also .

Comment

Working...
                          X