Ridgid air tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid air tools

My experience with pneumatics is with the other brand which cost more but gets the job done commercial or residential. However, recently started looking at ridgid's framing and roofing nailers trying to go budget minded.

Can ridgid's pneumatics -the framer and the roofing nailer- run all day 5 days a week? Overtime if needed?

Depth gauge adjustments: Is it consistent?

Bump fire: Smooth, rough, semi smooth?

Noise pieces: can you drag em, slide em, bump em, place toenail em etc..?

Are these tools commercial grade?

Alright, since you poked, I'll flinch.

I bought both the Ridgid framer and the Roofer last fall when I was re-roofing the house. I had no problems whatsoever with either one, they performed flawlessly. The depth setting on the roofer was accurate enough that I could drive nails into the tar paper, and only dimple the surface, and not tear the paper. I could even adjust as the day went on and the paper got hotter and softer...still without tearing. Both the framer and the roofer have a nice feature that when almost empty, they will not fire. This way, you are not continuing with an empty magazine, and thinking that just because there is a mark, you are driving nails (especially usefull on the framer).

I can't vouch for the "contractor" or "commercial" quality of the tools, I am a homeowner (farm really), but as far as I can tell, they are at the minimum equal to others on the market.

Comment

Thanks

Home depot has these ridgid tools on sale right now and for what's included can't ask for more other than a few sources in support of reliability.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by tkholck
        Home depot has these ridgid tools on sale right now and for what's included can't ask for more other than a few sources in support of reliability.

Thanks for the feedback.
        Are the sale prices for in store purchases only? I checked the HD website and didn't see any sales prices. Do you know approximately what the sale prices are? Thanks.

Comment

Gifts cards

On select models identified on their recent mailed brochure which you can get at the store.

The more you buy the more money back on a gift card. Up to $500 Home depot has info on their website.

Comment

Working...
          X