X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG Becky, look at that tablesaw!

OMG OMG OMG guys I just got the TS2400L portable 10" ts - I know I'm acting like a child, but I'm a broke-*** college student, and I talked my aunt into buying it for me now in return for installing her hardwood floors and a pavestone walk later this year.

Anyways, I know that you're all 3650 buffs here, but does anyone have any secrets or tips for someone assembling their first TS2400? My first ts period, actually. Thanks!

Open Box-Install Wheels

If I remember correctly, the base is about the most installation you have. Tighten the bolts. LOL Check it with a couple test cuts and make your fine tuning adjustments. Happy sawing.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Welcome

Who's Becky?

Sounds like you're really excited about you new TS2400 and thats a good thing. I'm sure you'll find out in no time that its very capable of producing high quality results. Alot of people here have the 2400 so don't be hesitant about picking their brains.

You might want to think about upgrading the OEM blade for that flooring job.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yeah I was wondering about that, I was surprised that it cames with a 24t blade, I figgered it would be at least 40t - is the 24t fine for cutting plywood/hardwoods? The first job I'm doing isn't real hardwood it's that laminate crap (hey it's not my house, i just installs it). I was thinking about getting the ridgid ultimate finishing blade - i think it's 60t, but it's also $65 and I thought I'd ask you guys before dropping that much on a blade. What should I get that I can find at my local HD?

Comment

Normally, I'm not a big fan of the Freud Diablo and TK Series blades but in this case you may want to consider them. Whatever blade you choose, that laminate flooring will dull it fairly quickly and will more than likely need resharpening at the very least when the job is finished. Both the Freud TK806L and the D1080L have 80T Triple Chip Grind tooth design and a 5° hook angle. The TK806L is uncoated steel and Amazon has it for $44.35. The D1080L comes with the Perma-Shield coating and Amazon has it for $45.94.

Comment

What's the cost of sharpening one of those blades - can I get it done at HD?

(Honestly I'm not an HD fanboy, but I'm working out of town and it's the only place around)

Comment

i just paid 35 dollars to have a miter saw blade that has 60 teeth and a blade with 40 teeth. they charge per tooth. i took my blades to a local contractor supply store where they pick the blades up weekly.

Comment

The HD's here don't offer sharpening services. Some ACE Hardware and True Value Hardware stores offer drop off service. You leave your blade there and a local sharpening service picks it up and returns it resharpened to the hardware store. Turnaround time is usually a week. The last time I had one of my blades resharpened the cost was .28¢ a tooth.

Comment

I helped a buddy of mine lay about 800~1000 sq feet of laminate flooring (Pergo) throughout parts of his house. We used his BT3100 and went through 3 Freud blades. I honestly do not remember which model he bought, but I believe they were 60 tooth blades. His living room layout required a great deal of cuts though.

WWS
                  Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I’ve heard of individuals using 7.25 inch specialty blades when using them for thin applications, the TS will still have enough depth of cut required and the blades are much more economical (disposable). Something to think about.

Woodslayer

Comment

Working...
                    X