X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fence alignment question

According to the instructions thee fence should be aligned with the right side 7 1/8th mark aligned to the right edge of the main table.

I'm a bit puzzled as that would offset the right side "Zero" mark by 4 inches. in other words the "0" on my ruler would be away from the blade by 4" and the 7 1/8 mark is actually 11 inches from the blade.

Why is this?

Kerry

Kerry: My first reaction is to ask if you are reading the proper side of the fence. There are reading lenses on both sides (for use on either side of the blade) . If you are, maybe the tape was put on wrong at the factory--just a guess. HTH

Jim

Comment

Right of the blade read the right scale, left of the blade read the left scale.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid
        Kerry: My first reaction is to ask if you are reading the proper side of the fence. There are reading lenses on both sides (for use on either side of the blade) . If you are, maybe the tape was put on wrong at the factory--just a guess. HTH

Jim
        Funny, MY first reaction is to ask about what tool he's inquiring. I'm assuming it's a TS but I'm uncertain enough that I'm not declaring it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightgar
          Funny, MY first reaction is to ask about what tool he's inquiring. I'm assuming it's a TS but I'm uncertain enough that I'm not declaring it.

Table saw right.

If you follow it will be close to *alls on.

Did not want to use that nasty word.
          Not responsible for speeling mistakes
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by ictoos
            I'm a bit puzzled as that would offset the right side "Zero" mark by 4 inches. Why is this?

Kerry
            Hi Kerry! It's 4 inches from the left side of the fence (next to the blade) to the right side indicator where you read the distance.

Hope that's clear...

RudeDog

Comment

Working...
            X