Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Fence alignment question Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fence alignment question

    According to the instructions thee fence should be aligned with the right side 7 1/8th mark aligned to the right edge of the main table.

    I'm a bit puzzled as that would offset the right side "Zero" mark by 4 inches. in other words the "0" on my ruler would be away from the blade by 4" and the 7 1/8 mark is actually 11 inches from the blade.

    Why is this?

    Kerry

  • #2
    Kerry: My first reaction is to ask if you are reading the proper side of the fence. There are reading lenses on both sides (for use on either side of the blade) . If you are, maybe the tape was put on wrong at the factory--just a guess. HTH

    Jim

    Comment


    • #3
      Right of the blade read the right scale, left of the blade read the left scale.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Pipestone Kid
        Kerry: My first reaction is to ask if you are reading the proper side of the fence. There are reading lenses on both sides (for use on either side of the blade) . If you are, maybe the tape was put on wrong at the factory--just a guess. HTH

        Jim
        Funny, MY first reaction is to ask about what tool he's inquiring. I'm assuming it's a TS but I'm uncertain enough that I'm not declaring it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fightgar
          Funny, MY first reaction is to ask about what tool he's inquiring. I'm assuming it's a TS but I'm uncertain enough that I'm not declaring it.

          Table saw right.

          If you follow it will be close to *alls on.

          Did not want to use that nasty word.
          Not responsible for speeling mistakes
          Jeff

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ictoos
            I'm a bit puzzled as that would offset the right side "Zero" mark by 4 inches. Why is this?

            Kerry
            Hi Kerry! It's 4 inches from the left side of the fence (next to the blade) to the right side indicator where you read the distance.

            Hope that's clear...

            RudeDog

            Comment

            Working...
            X