X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did the TS3650 arbor get "fixed?"

Just came home from HD. Their floor model TS3615 has the defective arbor. When I asked the sales guy if their in-stock units had the fix, they guy said something to the effect of, "Huh?" I tried to explain the problem, showed him the missing thread on the arbor and he thought I was nuts. So what's the proceedure here if I want to buy this TS? Do I really need to go deal with the infamous support folks and repair this thing before I can even set it up, or is there another solution? The sales guy said no way would they let me open boxes to find out if they actually had a good one in stock.

Does anyone know when Ridgid started delivering saws with the arbor fix?

I'm not excited about starting in with a new TS that's defective out of the box, especially when Ridgid and HD know about it and refuse to fix it.

Big Red Flag, as my bride would say . . .

Rebuilding my ancient Craftsman TS and buying a Bies for it is beginning to sound better all the time!

Oh, yeah, and the plastic clamping lever on the fence is broken on their floor model now. Is this a notoriously fragile item?
    Unanswered Questions
    are far less dangerous
    than Unquestioned Answers.

I purchased my saw at Home Depot in Rockford IL, about 8 months ago and it has the good arbor. And as for the fence handle I have not had any trouble with mine so far. So the fixes are out there, good luck
    Please check out my web page
    www.woodandwax.net

Comment

Also, Mine had a date code of PO516, hope this helps
      Please check out my web page
      www.woodandwax.net

Comment

Originally posted by sauk_98
        I purchased my saw at Home Depot in Rockford IL, about 8 months ago and it has the good arbor. And as for the fence handle I have not had any trouble with mine so far. So the fixes are out there, good luck

I bought mine from the exact same store in Rockford (I think there's only one HD in Rockford), and I also have the correct arbor. I would guess that most stores inventory has been replace (through sales) with all correct units. The floor model is probably not a reliable indicator.

Comment

Working...
        X