Which 12"miter saw ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which 12"miter saw ?

Well going to post this on two sites don't want to be considered a Web Bigot

Okay which of these four saws would recommend.

Delta 12" Compound Laser model number 36-322L

Hitachi 12" Compound with laser marker model number C12FCH

Hitachi 12" dual bevel compound with Laser model C12FDH

Ridgid 12" with Exactline model MS 1250LZ.

Thanks dudes.
    Not responsible for speeling mistakes
    Jeff

None of the above. Take a look at the Ryobi 12". Tremendous value. Have now finished the complete remodeling of my daughters house including all trim. Best saw I have had yet. Put it on a Rigid MSUV and you will have one heck of a work horse.

Comment

I own the Ridgid 1250 an older model without the lazer. I have had zero problems with it. I did have to realign it once but that was after a couple years of use and was an easy thing to do.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by fspieg
        None of the above. Take a look at the Ryobi 12". Tremendous value. Have now finished the complete remodeling of my daughters house including all trim. Best saw I have had yet. Put it on a Rigid MSUV and you will have one heck of a work horse.
        Wow. I find that incredibly hard to believe. Not that I think you're lying, I just never thought of Ryobi tools as being sufficiently 'precision-focused' for finish carpentry. What's the price point on the saw? Single bevel? Did it come with a good blade? Would you say it's deadly-accurate or accurate enough?

Comment

ryobi 10"

Worked well here, used to finish my basement, 1/2" x 1 9/16 casing and door jambs and also used for precutting rough framing (cripples and sills). All of this accomplished using the original blade.

Best of all, easily mounts to my MSUV both for less than $200
          Last edited by tkholck; 04-22-2006, 03:28 AM.

Comment

it really depends on how you use the saw and what you will use it for ryobi makes tools that are geared mor for the home owner/hobbiest but yes i have seen then one the jobsite as well.i would not use the ryobi for much finish work,framing yes trim on a limited bases ridgid make a good saw but i have never used it.i have used 2 dewalt 12 inch saws one was the slider both did a good job but i can't say i would recomend either (but i realy don't like de walt so i would be unfair with that)the one i have used and liked alot was a 10 inch sliding makta i really thought that was one heck of a good saw IMHO.
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

okay bought this one

Well bought this one to replace Ryobi.

Well looks sweet next to all these orange tools.

At least I am not a tool bigot

No laser if I can't follow a pencil line then maybe I need to take up Knitting or building dolls.

Anyway you must have a pencil line to cut to anyway.

But I must admit if bank had been fuller the 12" Dual bevel Digital readout had me drooling on the floor ,hope the Lowes folks didn't notice

Yes I know a 10" well will see maybe Christmas will bring it's big brother
              Not responsible for speeling mistakes
              Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X