X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 months normal warranty time?

I had my 12V cordless drill die after it's first day of use. Brought it into the local authorized repair center after calling rigid CS, and almost two months later, they are still waiting for parts from rigid. What are people's experiences with the warranty repair time? Hoping this three year warranty refers to the duration of the warranty, not the duration of the repair.

rigid reps, any help here? If it's going to take much longer, I am going to start asking for a replacement drill. I could have had the engine on my car rebuilt twice by now.

c+h

may i ask why you just didn't retune it to home depot?with in the frist 90 days you could have just taken it back there for either an exchange or you money back and ridgid cs should have told you that.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy
      may i ask why you just didn't retune it to home depot?with in the frist 90 days you could have just taken it back there for either an exchange or you money back and ridgid cs should have told you that.
      A. Service Center never ordered the needed parts.
      B. Wasn't aware of HD's/RIDGID's 90 day satisfaction return policy.
      C. Didn't register for the LSA program.
      D. It's a troll story.
      E. All of the above.
      F. None of the above.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

F. none of the above

I was past the 90 days for the return, so that was out. I had used the drill to drive a few times here or there, but never enough to go through the first battery charge. Helped a buddy build a fence, so that was the first "real" use, we were drilling and driving screws all day. 2/3rds through the day, it died.

the LSA doesn't apply, because i bought the drill when they weren't offering the lifetime guarantee. besides, i am well within the 3 year warrantee period. my original receipt proves that.

and the repair shop has most certainly ordered the parts. they are waiting on ridgid.

Comment

repairs

i have had to take my ridgid tools in for repair a couple of times.
          first time i took my 14v impact in i had to wait about 10 days. also had a bad
          battery which they replaced on the spot. saws all was acting up, they replaced the motor while i waited. its fine now. the impact went bad again and
          had it back in less than a week. they do stock most of the parts and are stocking more as they now what they need. they seem to be able to get
          most parts pretty quick. i've had no problems. HD even replaced my saws all when it was new with no problems. i live in western NY
          Last edited by glen; 04-30-2006, 02:06 PM.

Comment

any rigid techs out there? still waiting for parts.....

Comment

Originally posted by calvinanhobbes
              the LSA doesn't apply, because i bought the drill when they weren't offering the lifetime guarantee. besides, i am well within the 3 year warrantee period. my original receipt proves that.
              They started the LLSA on April 15, 2005, so are you saying that you bought the tool before that time, have only "really" used it once, and have been waiting for parts for almost a year now? WOW!

As I recall, you had an opportunity to register for the LLSA (on tools purchased prior to April 15, 2005) until the end of August, 2005. In any case, as you mentioned, you're still under the 3-year warranty. I think I'd ask the Service guy exactly what the parts are and then call Ridgid Customer Support again and find out why they are taking so long. It doesn't seem that you should have to wait that long.

CWS

Comment

got the call friday, finally got the parts in. 12 weeks. glad to have it back, but gonna have to be a pretty good deal for me to buy another ridgid.

Comment

Working...
                X