Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 24v Ridgid tools are hitting HD stores now

Comment

Yet, No Pictures!

Reports of tools hitting the HD shelves, no pictures or spec's on this website to be found. Give the Ridgid marketing folks a F.
      Kilroy was here!

Comment

Originally posted by Info Man
        The new 24vkit will be in Home Depot stores in June!

Well,
        June's almost over and nothing.

Of course, here in South Texas, we just got the news "Lindberg Made It"
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

Originally posted by ijones
          Am I wrong to say that lithium batteries don't last very long in cold weather. I use them in the RC hobbies and my lithiums dont last at all unless they are at proper operating temperatures.

Don't confuse lithium with lithium-ion batteries!

The two animals could not be more different. Lithium technology has been around a long time. Lithium-ion is quite recent tech.
          Phil
          Tools Rule

Comment

Eyes wide open... seeing what I can do.. this type of stuff is tricky ;-) As soon as I get the stuff I promise I will post it and you guys will be the first to know.

Josh
            Last edited by Josh; 06-29-2006, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG.
              Well,
              June's almost over and nothing.

Of course, here in South Texas, we just got the news "Lindberg Made It"
              Really I would have thought he'd hit something since he is sitting right behind a large fuel tank. And can't see to well when taking off and landing.
              "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
              "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

i just bought the combo kit.24 volt Hammer drill/ Circular saw/Sawzall/ and Flashlight with single battery charging station. comes with two 24 volt batteries. it says they are 1 hour charging but theres no way it took that long to charge.
                tried them out tonight cutting a cupboard out for a built in dish washer. ended up here in the forum searching for info all over ridgid site.
                i found the saws and drill very comfortable, never even noticed that feeling of holding a new tool. boy do they ever cut.
                good stuff.
                UA Local 666

Comment

So what kind of bag/case does it some in? And is it Heavier of lighter than a an 18v drill?

Comment

OK i took the wife and kid to home depot and discovered that the 24v set comes in a RIDGID MAN PURSE and will also accept the 18v batteries in the tool. But using the 24v batteries in your 18v Doesn't sound to smart, but i wonder if you can use your nicads in these tools? The 24v are quite a bit lighter than the 18v batteries and have only three prongs for charging. +,-, & T

It costs $649 and it appears to be designed to use your old batteries too, But someone from Ridgid should say if that is true or not. Hint hint

Comment

yes it comes with a man purse. but its definately better than carrying a big plastic trunk. i did pay 649 for the combo kit, then duty at the border.
                      i used every one of the tools in the kit today and they're very powerful and comfortable to use.
                      definately worth the ridgid name.
                      UA Local 666

Comment

Originally posted by Polar Sparky 1224
                        OK,... the wife and kid set comes in a RIDGID MAN PURSE... Doesn't sound to smart, but i wonder if you can use your nads in these tools? i have only three prongs for charging. +,-, & T

It costs $649... say if that is true or not. Hint hint

Warning...creative quote editing above! Ummm, he said it, but not necessarily on that order

MAN PURSE...

PS1224, you crack me up...
                        Phil
                        Tools Rule

Comment

The website has been updated, with a separate subsite for the new XLi 24-volt tools/batteries.

edit: I read somewhere that the new LXi 24v batteries will work with the old 18v line of Ridgid cordless tools. Anyone know if this is this still the case, or was this idea scrapped at some point?
                          Last edited by dingus; 07-02-2006, 11:21 AM.

Comment

The man purse is something i heard on a talk radio show. And my wife liked the tools too....
                            As for my son he almost succeeded in pulling the display drill off the shelf.

PhilG, you need help.... To clear the record the supposed "nads" (which was originally nicads) you miss quoted is compatible with the wife and produces children that will soon be trained in the art of shin kicking and then let loose in your neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Polar Sparky 1224
                              The man purse is something i heard on a talk radio show. And my wife liked the tools too....
                              As for my son he almost succeeded in pulling the display drill off the shelf.

PhilG, you need help.... To clear the record the supposed "nads" (which was originally nicads) you miss quoted is compatible with the wife and produces children that will soon be trained in the art of shin kicking and then let loose in your neighborhood.
                              Hey man, I had the disclaimer in place...

Send the tyke, I'll grant him a shin target or two.

'sides, it's hard work making sure you guys keep posting. BTW, you're asking for trouble letting the young'un get his hands on tools this early. Pretty soon, you won't be able to find any of your tools - unless you look in his room.
                              Phil
                              Tools Rule

Comment

When we were at HD looking at the 24v drill...
                                Attachment
                                he (my 8 month old son) was already trying to pull it off the shelf.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X