X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally bought the TS3650

My first Ridgid tool, won't be my last. Very impressed with the fit and finish, holes lined up, easy to adjust everything. I've got lots of Delta stuff, and really no comparison. I was shocked by how quiet the thing runs, barely louder than my 14" bandsaw. The labeled, blister pack fasteners is a great feature.

Only slightly time consuming item was installing the extension wings. They fitted flush to the table, but both sides sagged about 3/16". Took them back off, laid a single strip of masking tape about 1/4" wide along the bottom edge of the wing, and it bolted up perfectly. That's a lot of weight hanging from those 4 bolts, so I think I'll incorporate some extra support when I build the outfeed table.

This forum is a must-read for anyone that buys, or intends to buy one of these saws. I spent a lot of time reading about what others had encountered during assembly and it definitely saved me a lot of head scratching. (didn't have to worry about those extra square head bolts )

Also, since HD's gift card is what prompted me to buy now, I wrote to Ridgid about needing the UPC from the box, and they said that the original receipt, plus a copy of the UPC label, would be sufficient. Pretty cool.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post their experiences with these tools. Ridgid should be sending you commission checks because it had a lot to do with my decision to buy their brand.
    Attached Files

Good deal

Originally posted by StevenD
    My first Ridgid tool, won't be my last. Very impressed with the fit and finish, holes lined up, easy to adjust everything. Sometimes I wonder just how mechanically inclined some of the guys are who complain about the assembly. I've got lots of Delta stuff, and really no comparison. I was shocked by how quiet the thing runs, barely louder than my 14" bandsaw. The labeled, blister pack fasteners is a great feature.

Only slightly time consuming item was installing the extension wings. They fitted flush to the table, but both sides sagged about 3/16". Did they really sag that much? Took them back off, laid a single strip of masking tape about 1/4" wide along the bottom edge of the wing, and it bolted up perfectly. That's a lot of weight hanging from those 4 bolts, so I think I'll incorporate some extra support when I build the outfeed table. Just my opinion, but I think the extensions and rails kind of support each other.

This forum is a must-read for anyone that buys, or intends to buy one of these saws. I spent a lot of time reading about what others had encountered during assembly and it definitely saved me a lot of head scratching. (didn't have to worry about those extra square head bolts )
    If only everyone would do that. No wait, that would really cut down on my post count.

Also, since HD's gift card is what prompted me to buy now, I wrote to Ridgid about needing the UPC from the box, and they said that the original receipt, plus a copy of the UPC label, would be sufficient. Pretty cool.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post their experiences with these tools. Ridgid should be sending you commission checks because it had a lot to do with my decision to buy their brand.
    I've been thinking the same thing, but actually we just tell it like it is.

Where's the sawdust??
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Hopefully I will be purchasing my 3650 today. I went on Saturday, and they wereout of stock! There are six on order, and they thought that some might come in Monday night/Tuesday morning. Since the gift card promotion expires tomorrow, I hope they are right!

Ditto to everything mentioned above. This site, as well as a couple others, have made my research much easier. This is the first major tool purchase I will make, and it seems like the overwhelming concensus of most posters here and on other sites is that, dollar for dollar, the TS3650 is the best table saw in its price range.

I have been trying to find a simple project to get started on. I will pick up some wood at HD today when I get the saw, since I know that after I assemble and adjust it, I will want to get started right away making sawdust!

Thanks again to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by jcmaro
        Hopefully I will be purchasing my 3650 today. I went on Saturday, and they wereout of stock! There are six on order, and they thought that some might come in Monday night/Tuesday morning. Since the gift card promotion expires tomorrow, I hope they are right!
        To ensure that the promotion doesn't end before you buy and receive your 3650 why not go ahead and pay for it now? That way, you'll have a receipt that is dated while the promotion is in progress. As long as you're going to part with the money anyway it really doesn't make any difference that you won't have the saw immediately.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I just got off the phone with HD, and there were no 3650's on last night's truck. The woman in Hardware made the same suggestion you made, BadgerDave. She said it is possible that it will come in tonight, so I will call her tomorrow morning. If one still has not come in, then I will head down, pay for it (and a ROS in order to get the $125 gift card). And patiently wait for it to be delivered. OK maybe not so patiently....

On a related note, she told me they are having a tough time keeping them on the shelves! She has 6 ordered and they keep just sending her one at a time. I guess that must say something about how good they are!

Comment

Originally posted by jcmaro
            I just got off the phone with HD, and there were no 3650's on last night's truck. The woman in Hardware made the same suggestion you made, BadgerDave. She said it is possible that it will come in tonight, so I will call her tomorrow morning. If one still has not come in, then I will head down, pay for it (and a ROS in order to get the $125 gift card). And patiently wait for it to be delivered. OK maybe not so patiently....

On a related note, she told me they are having a tough time keeping them on the shelves! She has 6 ordered and they keep just sending her one at a time. I guess that must say something about how good they are!
            where do you get the $125.00 Gift Card?
            Thanks ,WLL

Comment

The gift card was a promo that HD ran back in April and early May.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Question about thr TS 3650

Does anyone know if Ridgid makes extension rails to extend from 36" to 48" or longer?

Comment

Working...
                X