X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BlackAndDecker MM525 switch terminal connections

I have the same switch in my electric mower (it's a different model than yours, but it sounds like the wiring is all the same).

Looking at the leads from above, the order of the wires is black, red, white, black, starting at the lead furthest from the button and reading clockwise.

I have ohmed out my switch and believe it is faulty between the red and white leads. (infinite resistance with the button out and a couple of megohms with it depressed). However, the resistance between the two black leads is as it should be (infinite with the button out, an ohm or so with it depressed).

I hope this helps someone. My plan is to go find a new switch (good luck on a weekend, but my lawn is getting kind of shaggy!)

-Mark
    Last edited by moeglein; 05-13-2007, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rarsa View Post
      Thank you, I will try with the multimeter. If I have no luck tomorrow I will post the pictures.

Sorry if I misslead you saying that there were only four cables, I was talking about the cables that go to the switch.

There are actually 5 cables. Only 4 of them go to the switch as follows:

- There are 4 cables coming from the motor: a red, white, black and orange
      - The orange cable goes directly to the plug
      - The red, white, and black go to the switch
      - There is another black cable going from the plug to the switch

Thank you,
      Can someone post the picture where & how to connect the Red White Black wires to the switch?
      Thanks.
      Nelson

Comment

Can someone post the picture where & how to connect the Red White Black wires to the switch?
        Thanks.
        Nelson

Comment

Sorry I was late, I just recently grabbed one of these MM525 mowers used at a garage sale for cheap with a non-working switch. I bought a replacement switch online and presto! It works. I have attached a picture showing the proper wiring of the switch.

Word to the wise: when changing over any electrical part with a lot of different wires and connections, whether a switch like this or a distributor cap for an inline 6, always have the replacement part right next to the one you are removing and proceed to migrate the wires one-by-one. This prevents the little snafus that other people in this thread have had the luxury of experiencing.

Let me know if this helps…
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, good neighbors.

Comment

I believe this is same switch
              im replacing on a mm 450?
              Attached Files

Comment

I’d like to bypass the lawn-mower switch altogether. I want to do this by connecting the 4 wires from the lawn-mower cable (color coded: white, black, red and orange) to a 3-prong plug (color coded: silver, brass, and green) that connects directly to the wall outlet.
                I’d appreciate some help.

Comment

Working...
                X