Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
opinions of the makita 18v xlt hammer drill and impact driver please Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions of the makita 18v xlt hammer drill and impact driver please

Well, I tried sending an e-mail to ridgid via this website and was told this is a plumbing e-mail..even though it lists tools..bottom line no answers to my query concerning their R84230 18v impact driver. I called the 800 number and again the person on the phone had no clue.

I went to a number of local home depot stores, as all are not the same here, and asked about the 18v ridgid impact tool...no one had a clue it even existed!
    When I showed them the one in their ridgid kit display, they were surprised! Even the local sales rep was not aware of this tool until I pointed to it.

This is not very encouraging to say the least.

I then saw the makita 18v lxt impact driver. If you purchase one before June 28, 2006 you can also receive a 18v xlt 1/2" hammer drill. This has caught my eye but I have no experience with makita products

the makita impact driver seems a bit lighter in weight than even the ridgid 14v unit and really has a comfortable fit. It even sports a white LED to light your work.

OK, I don't want to sound like a commercial..so my questions here are:

1. Are there any users here of the makita 18v lxt impact driver and can you
    critique it?
    2. Are there any users here of the makita 18v xlt 1/2" hammer drill and can
    you critique it?
    3. How does their 18v lxt battery system compare to the ridgid and include
    comments on charging systems too?

any relative comments are appreciated

Marty aka cactus man in Arizona
Working...
X