finally ridgid's radio is here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally ridgid's radio is here!

take the propak case and put your old radio in it or..................wait til......the end of time before they come out with one
    Attached Files

Wow le bricoleur, I cant believe you were able to get ahold of that photo.

Pretty sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by le bricoleur
      take the propak case and put your old radio in it or..................wait til......the end of time before they come out with one
      I'll bet money that that radio really sucks!
      Phil
      Tools Rule

Comment

Radio

I was just wondering if there is a battery radio or if there is going to be one coming out soon. I think it would be great. I would love to see one.

Comment

you're right Phil, my radio really sucks .....

Comment

No really, wall mounted is the best, you won't be tripping over this.
            Name:  74f279968af23f977d4cec079dffa996.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  15.4 KB
            "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
            "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

What drill should I buy a dewalt or ridgid?

Im new to this site. Iam debating wether I shoul buy a ridgid 18 volt cordless drill or a dewalt. Any recomendations would be greatly appriciated.
              thanks David

Comment

Dcfarea

I have both and have only had one problem with my Ridgid and that was when the chuck broke.

To compare the two I'd say it's more down to battery style. I leave my dewalt at home for my house drill and my Ridgid goes with me to work.

But in more depth......

Over heating,
                Dewalt handles more than Ridgid.

battery run time.....
                I'm not sure but possible Ridgid makes up for this with a faster charging time.

Torque....
                Both have enough to handle any job a cordless drill is meant for. I have smashed my hand pretty good when i should have been using a hole hawg instead.

power.....
                my Ridgid beats the pants off my dewalt in power.(which may be why it overheats faster.)

Both have side handles which are really nice when drilling with high torque.

warranty....
                i feel that Ridgid's is better with the lifetime service agreement.....as long as you don't beat your drill against walls or otherwise abuse it you shouldn't have any problems.

Clutch ring.....
                never a problem with my Ridgid even after drilling in concrete,
                dewalt, all though i bought a clearance drill that was on older model i have had to fix the clutch ring several times. That's why it is my house drill. Most newer models may have corrected this problem. What causes it to lock in drive or drill and not move to the other is a little peg that slide toward the back (motor) of the drill or to the front (chuck) it catches on a small piece of metal in the clutch ring.

case vs bag.....
                Do you take care of you lunch when it is in a soft container or do you have a metal lunch box or cooler to protect it. It's really down to if you care about your tools you will take better care of them. I do need to patch some holes in my bag but then at least I'm not trying to fix the handle of hinge on a hard plastic case.

I like my Ridgid set and bought it because the battery's appeared to be built better. I have seen the battery's that just clip into the bottom of the drill get jarred loose and crack when they hit the ground/cement.

My 2.5 cents

And you can always use the search and type in say "Ridgid vs Dewalt" and several people have posted there.
                "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Working...
                X