Where to buy R2930 router?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy R2930 router?

I can't figure out where the R2930 router is available to buy. I look in many places and I cannot find out where to buy, either direct or online.
    Gilch

home depot carries it now in the tool area.

Comment

If you don't want the warranty or the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement you could always check ebay.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

New to the forums

I am new relatively new to the Ridgid family and this is my first posting. I have recently purchased a MS1250 compound saw, along with MSUV and a TS3650 table saw. I decided to buy these items after long debates over which brand to go with. Ultimately, I decided on Ridgid because of the LSA but, had I not liked the product I wouldn't have bought them. I looked at the R2390 router combo kit today as I am looking to upgrade all of my tools to a heavier duty line and before Ridgid decides to change their LSA. My question for the experts out there is basically this. Will the R2390 fit into the router table extensions for the TS3650. I have looked at the posting by Bob D. and I believe that he has a MuleCab on his (I think). I am most impressed with the Benchdog but it doesn't mention that it is compatable with the Ridgid router. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
        Kevin

Comment

I did not find a Home Depot that carried it yet.
          Ebay does not have it either.

Comment

it should be carried in every home depot. where do you live? also try the home depot website.

Comment

It is not listed in Home Depot website.

Comment

It is NOT present on Ebay. I have looked.

Comment

I found two of the at the Home Depot in Athens GA this week. I haven't been able to find them on the website or anywhere else online for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev Dog
                    I am new relatively new to the Ridgid family and this is my first posting. I have recently purchased a MS1250 compound saw, along with MSUV and a TS3650 table saw. I decided to buy these items after long debates over which brand to go with. Ultimately, I decided on Ridgid because of the LSA but, had I not liked the product I wouldn't have bought them. I looked at the R2390 router combo kit today as I am looking to upgrade all of my tools to a heavier duty line and before Ridgid decides to change their LSA. My question for the experts out there is basically this. Will the R2390 fit into the router table extensions for the TS3650. I have looked at the posting by Bob D. and I believe that he has a MuleCab on his (I think). I am most impressed with the Benchdog but it doesn't mention that it is compatable with the Ridgid router. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
                    Kevin
                    Why not build your own table extension? Simple to do, and then the R2930 will definitely fit it. And man, that above-table adjustment is sweeeet...

Name:  1bbae5bdf68eb5b2fdd01ab861e6d45e.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  43.5 KB

Name:  c9b1ccd8322356a2b54a96f11d075c15.jpg
Size:  57.5 KB

Name:  af46b7d6349fecb645f39c32704e422f.jpg
Size:  52.5 KB

Comment

That is a good looking table GRTriever! I have a few questions about it though. It appears that it is made from aluminum bracing and a MDF top. Your router plate in the middle, did you make that or buy it? It appears to be made from MDF hardboard. If so, any concerns about it warping? Also, have you seen any need for a support to the base? I would much rather build one of these because it seems that they are very expensive. I mean you get a great deal on the TS3650 and then you have to spend another $300 - $400 on a router table extension, not to mention the new router. I had planned on building my own separate router table but the space benefit by adding one to the table saw is just too hard to look past. I actually got to see one of the 2930's on display yesterday and it loooked and felt great. The only thing that will take some getting used to is the right side plunge. That is different than my current one.

Comment

That is a good looking table GRTriever! I have a few questions about it though. It appears that it is made from aluminum bracing and a MDF top. Your router plate in the middle, did you make that or buy it? It appears to be made from MDF hardboard. If so, any concerns about it warping?
                        3/4 MDF, coated with 8 coats of wipe-on Poly, edges and all. Stressed with 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/8 aluminum angle. The plate is indeed 1/4 tempered hardboard, but I'm not too concerned about it warping because the plate is only 7" x 7" and the router base itself is 6" and bolted directly to it. Also, the rabbet for the base is 3/8 on each side, so there's very little unsupported space. There are 4 leveling brackets that I built with 1/8 x 1 aluminum flat and nylon lock nuts, so once I screw the 1/4-20 bolts to the appropriate place they'll stay put.

Also, have you seen any need for a support to the base? I would much rather build one of these because it seems that they are very expensive. I mean you get a great deal on the TS3650 and then you have to spend another $300 - $400 on a router table extension, not to mention the new router. I had planned on building my own separate router table but the space benefit by adding one to the table saw is just too hard to look past. I actually got to see one of the 2930's on display yesterday and it loooked and felt great. The only thing that will take some getting used to is the right side plunge. That is different than my current one.
                        I don't believe that a support for the rails will be needed. The table extension levelled up nicely and there doesn't appear to be any great stress on the rails.

If you actually got to see a 2930, you better snatch it up fast if it's what you want. Took me 5 weeks and 6 different stores before I was able to lay hands on one...

Comment

Ridgid router table attachment

Thanks for posting pictures. Did you buy this adapter for the table saw from Ridgid or did you make it yourself? I have the table saw already, of course I can't find the router anywhere but eventually it should become available. Where do you buy your Ridgid products?
                          Gilles

Comment

Ridgid power tools are mostly found at your local Home Depot. If you also want an edge guide for your router the model made for the 690 porter cable fits it perfectly.
                            "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                            "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Originally posted by gilch
                              Thanks for posting pictures. Did you buy this adapter for the table saw from Ridgid or did you make it yourself? I have the table saw already, of course I can't find the router anywhere but eventually it should become available. Where do you buy your Ridgid products?
                              Gilles
                              The table and plate for the router are both shop-built; I buy my Ridgid tools from Home Depot. Regarding the R2930, as I said, I looked high and low and finally found it at the 6th store I called. Then it was just a matter of being in that area to check it out... but since my job involves a lot of traveling, that was just a scheduling issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X