X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying A Table Saw

I am considering buying either the RIGID &S2400 or JET JWTS-10 table saw. I am a novice on tabel saws and would appreciate any comments concerning which of these 2 table saws would be the best for the long run.

Kinda hard to compare apples and oranges. The TS 2400 is a portable job-site saw and you can't beat it if that is the style of saw you want. The Jet is a full size contractor style saw and should be compared to the TS3650. I have the 3650 and love it.
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

The Ridgid TS2400LS is what is considered a jobsite type table saw. Because it's fairly lightweight, it's not that difficult to haul from place to place. The Jet JWTS-10 falls under the catagory of contractor style table saws. The name contractor is confusing because these saws tend to be heavy and you seldom see them being moved from one job to another.

As far as comparing these two saws goes, it would be like comparing apples and orages. Depending on what your particular requirements will be, both will have their good and bad points. Generally speaking, between these two styles of table saws and not necessarily these two particular models of saws, a contractor style saw will be better suited for woodworking while a jobsite style saw is better suited for carpentry work.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

If portability is a primary concern, go with the 2400. Most of the other advantages go to the Jet and that class of saw...table size, stability, long term reliability, runout, noise levels, etc.

Comment

Buying A Table Saw

Thanks for the replies. As far as portability, I may want to move the saw out of the garage onto the driveway at times. I won't be moving the saw from my house. I know the JET is heavier but it does have an attachment (I think) that allows it to be moved. However, I don't know how it would work moving down and back over the lip from the driveway to the garage.

I have looked at the TS3650. It is heavier also but comes with the herculift. The weight is again the issue. However, in moving it from the garage to the driveway, the weight may not be too much of a problem. I like the size of the JET and RIGID TS3650. I also like the cast iron table on the TS3650. The JET is on sale but I they don't stock it at WOODCRAFT and I am not able to see the saw. I presume the fences for both the JET and RIDGID saws are about equal.

Comment

have you checked out the Bosch 4007-09? for portable saws, bosch vs ridgid....apple n oranges. bosch being both the apples n oranges

Comment

I recently bought the Bosch 4000-09 portable saw on that great mobile stand. The saw is portable, but the quality is more like a bench top unit. With a top blade, this saw is suited to high end woodworking and still folds up out of the way when yo're finished. Give this saw-stand combo a hard look...I love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
                The Ridgid TS2400LS is what is considered a jobsite type table saw. Because it's fairly lightweight, it's not that difficult to haul from place to place. The Jet JWTS-10 falls under the catagory of contractor style table saws. The name contractor is confusing because these saws tend to be heavy and you seldom see them being moved from one job to another.

As far as comparing these two saws goes, it would be like comparing apples and orages. Depending on what your particular requirements will be, both will have their good and bad points. Generally speaking, between these two styles of table saws and not necessarily these two particular models of saws, a contractor style saw will be better suited for woodworking while a jobsite style saw is better suited for carpentry work.
                Is there an echo in here?
                Lorax
                "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax
                  Is there an echo in here?
                  Nope, no echo, I just had more words to type than you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Gopher
                    The saw is portable, but the quality is more like a bench top unit.
                    Are you sure that's what you meant to imply?

Comment

I have the TS3650 and until we started hitting 105 degrees F on a regular basis I would roll it out into the driveway at times. I had no problem with that, outside of a particularly large seam between two slabs in my driveway would catch on the small wheels of the herc-u-lift. I have since stopped moving it so far out and haven't had any problems. Love the saw and have used it plenty.

WWS
                      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Working...
                      X