• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midnite,

That makes perfect sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnite
      Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd say hello and introduce myself, I'm Midnite. In need of upgrading my tools, I went out last night and picked up the MS1290LZ 12" Sliding dual compound miter saw with exactline, the AC9940 MSUV, along with the R83015 X2 14.4v drill.

I have yet to unbox and get the new gear up and running, but that will come this weekend as I'm in the process of remodeling my home theater room. After that comes a new deck, then comes a new work shop in my backyard. It's going to be a very busy Spring/Summer, but one I'm looking forward to.

Midnite
      welcome to the forum!!

Comment

Re: New To The Forum Nail Gun

Hi,
        I'm new to the forum as well. My husband bought me a 10" mitre saw for Christmas 2005. Next came the table saw. Now I'm interested in a nail gun. I basically piddle around the house making shelves, computer desks, and hopefully bookcases. I am hooked on Rigid. Can someone tell me more about air compressors? I don't know if I can justify spending the money if I can't use it with any other tools. Does anyone have insight into an air compressor or a corded nail gun?

Thanks,

Suzanne
        My husband buys me jewelry...I return it for Power Tools
        Attached Files

Comment

you will use an air compressor more than you think nailing, filling low tires blowing out electronics spraying finishes and so on. any ways look forward to helping you with your projects and welcome to the forum.
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Howdy Midnite, Suzanne

I'm fairly new here myself, hope you enjoy this board as much as I do.
            Great insight and advice from very friendly knowledgeable people
            Oh yeah and the occasional laugh too

Originally posted by suzanne View Post
            My husband buys me jewelry...I return it for Power Tools
            Suzanne I wish there were more girls like you around

Cheers!
            Cheers! - Jim
            -------------
            All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Re: New To The Forum

Originally posted by jbergstrom View Post
              Howdy Midnite, Suzanne
              Howdy...? Are you from Texas?

Suzanne - I originally bought an air compressor for nailing a hardwood floor down in our house. I have since used it for painting and also bought a stapler for wood projects. I wondered about whether to get an electric stapler, because it is more of a hassle to use an air stapler than an electric one (starting the compressor, dragging out the hose, etc.). But I have come to like using the air stapler, especially the ability to adjust the force that drives the staples.

And oldslowchevy is right; airing tires, blowing dust out of computers...I think you'll eventually want to have an air compressor. May as well be now...

Welcome to the forum.

- djb
              sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Welcome Suzanne, you found the right place to talk about tools and woodworking. If you got any project picture go ahead and post them. To me an air compressor is the only way to go, but there is nothing wrong w/having an electric gun or two. Keep returning those jewelry, tools are more fun and when something breaks down just ask the husband for another diamond ring, LOL... Talk to you in the forum...
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I saw a nice workbench in hd.Shelves,drawer,and a good sized pegboard.I think it was made by husky.

Comment

Re: Back In Action

Hi Guys, I'm back after a very long absence!

Shortly after my last post here, I fell ill with a severe case of acute pneumonia. Well after several weeks in the hospital and several more at home in bed, I'm happy to report that I made a full recovery.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I never did get the chance to use any of the new tools that I purchased, and it gets even worse.

Since I fell ill, I had to hire out the work that I was doing down in my basement. To make a long story short, I went through two contractors, and my basement still isn't fully complete.

The first guy took advantage of my illness, he drained my savings account literally down to nothing, skipped off and never finished the job. So...I had to bring somebody else in to finish the work that he failed to do. Well, he did some, but he too decided to bail when a bigger, better, job was offered to him. Only good thing about that is he only got paid for what little he did do. Now bare in mind I was fighting for my life, literally, when all this was going on.

Well, several months pasted, as I worked on regaining my health/strength and haven't been able to find anybody to help me finish up the little work that I have left to do. Since the first guy drained my account dry, I have very little money to pay anybody, so you know how that goes. Now and days friends won't even help you out unless you got a little green to give them.

However, now that I'm fine and back on my feet, I'll probably be finishing things up by myself.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive and explain my reasons for my long absence. If any of you live in KS or near the Wichita area and would like to help me finish things up, you're help would be more then welcomed.

Take care everyone, I look forward to talking with you all again.

Midnite

Comment

Wow, I guess nobody noticed my absence.

Well considering I was and still somewhat am, a noob here, I guess it shouldn't come as much of a surprise.

Still look forward to talking with everyone though.

Comment

Holy crap Midnite sorry to hear about your misfortune er misfortunes. Glad you made it through and at least sound optimistic about getting going again. Welcome back.

Comment

Working...
                        X