Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To The Forum

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd say hello and introduce myself, I'm Midnite. In need of upgrading my tools, I went out last night and picked up the MS1290LZ 12" Sliding dual compound miter saw with exactline, the AC9940 MSUV, along with the R83015 X2 14.4v drill.

I have yet to unbox and get the new gear up and running, but that will come this weekend as I'm in the process of remodeling my home theater room. After that comes a new deck, then comes a new work shop in my backyard. It's going to be a very busy Spring/Summer, but one I'm looking forward to.

Midnite

Welcome. I have the MSUV and a 14.4V drill/driver although its not the X2. Both fit into my needs very nicely. BTW, the MSUV is "super complicated" to setup so if you need any help, just ask.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Midnite, welcome to the forum. I have been remoding my house for the last year or so. Complete rewire, complete insulation, remodeling entire kitchen and installing all new appliances. The credit card needs a break. You will find this forum extremely helpful. I have posted quite a few questions myself.

Josh

Comment

Welcome to the forum Midnite. This is a very helpful forum and I think you will find all kinds of great advice here. I know I often do (i.e. I bought the Ridgid MSUV on the advice of others here and love it).

I hope to be doing some similar projects to yours in the next few months after we purchase our new house and will have a fully unfinished basement (1800 sq feet) to "play" with.

WWS
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

I hope that you will find this forum as helpful as I have. There is lots of great experience here and I'm sure you will find an abundance of helpful information.

CWS

Comment

Thanks guys, it's good to be here!

Originally posted by wwsmith
            I hope to be doing some similar projects to yours in the next few months after we purchase our new house and will have a fully unfinished basement (1800 sq feet) to "play" with.
            WWS
            That's the same deal here. My wife and I just closed on our new house on the 19th of May. We got moved in on the 23rd, and now all the fun projects have begun. Some people might not consider such projects fun, but to me they are. I've never consider things I enjoy doing work, even though some of the things I do is darn hard work at times. lol

As for the MSUV being complicated to setup, that is not exactly what I was hoping to hear, but at least you were honest. lol

I just hope it doesn't take my rump all bloody day to figure out. lol

Midnite

Comment

Midnite,

I wouldn't worry too much about the assembly of the MSUV. Mine went together very fast with the help of my brother. It works great and stores even better. You will be very pleased.

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Kev Dog
                Midnite,

I wouldn't worry too much about the assembly of the MSUV. Mine went together very fast with the help of my brother. It works great and stores even better. You will be very pleased.

Kev
                Man that's great to hear. I've heard nothing but good things about it, but I'm really looking forward to the use of all my new equipment. Of course there's more coming! A new table saw and cordless kit is next on my list, but those will have to wait a while. I'm tapped out at the moment. However, what I just bought is was I use the most anyways. So it's all good.

A new nail gun will be my next purchase though, along with a new air compressor, then the cordless kit and table saw will follow.

Midnite

Comment

Originally posted by Midnite
                  As for the MSUV being complicated to setup, that is not exactly what I was hoping to hear, but at least you were honest. lol
                  I just hope it doesn't take my rump all bloody day to figure out. lol
                  Midnite
                  It was a joke. The thing practically falls together when you take it out of the box. BTW WELCOME ! !
                  Lorax
                  "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Midnite, I was just kidding when I said it was a complicated setup. It will probably take you more time to get it out of the box then it will to set it up. Where's Lorax when I need him!

<EDIT> Never mind, there he is.
                    ================================================== ====
                    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
                      Where's Lorax when I need him!
                      <EDIT> Never mind, there he is.
                      That is just waaaayyyyy too freakin' funny ! !
                      Lorax

Comment

Welcome Midnite!

Well Midnite, since the Lorax has already harassed you, looks like you're in! When setting up your MSUV, just make sure you don't mix up the left wheel with the right one!

<I know it was a cheap one, it was the best I could come up with on short notice {or should I have teased him about missing the $99.00 sale?}>
                        Phil
                        Tools Rule

Comment

LOL, thanks guys. Well, I'll be pulling everything out of their boxes and setting everything up this weekend. Tonight I think I'm going to head back over to HD and start looking at what they all have to offer in the way of work benches, storage cabinets, and things of that nature, for my work shop. The stuff will be temporarily setup in my garage until I get my new workshop built. Thankfully I've got a pretty good sized garage to serve as my workshop for the time being.

Midnite

Comment

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You've got all those brand new WOODWORKING TOOLS and you're gonna go to HD to BUY a workbench and cabinets? What's wrong with this picture??
                            Lorax

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax
                              Let me see if I understand this correctly. You've got all those brand new WOODWORKING TOOLS and you're gonna go to HD to BUY a workbench and cabinets? What's wrong with this picture??
                              Well you've got a good point there, buddy. It's just that I've seen some pretty nice stuff that Stanley put out, that I like.

The truth of the matter is, I simply just don't have the time to build a work bench and storage cabinets ect.. ect.. I'm currently remodeling my theater room downstairs, and once that is built I've got a new deck to build, not to mention getting my new workshop built on top of that.

I can only speak for myself of course, but I'd rather get all that I need to get setup, and get my projects underway, verses taking on additional projects that would only delay my current ones. At least that's how I see it, I could be wrong.

Midnite

Comment

Working...
                              X