X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSUV on Sale?

For $199... until June 21 according to the HD circular.

They call call this a sale??

They should be ashamed taking advantage of all the unknowing wifey's that will no doubt partake in the "sale" for Father's Day.
    Phil
    Tools Rule

I'd have to agree with ya there. I got mine for $149.00 at my local HD. Of course they didn't have it marked at that price. It was marked $199.00.

Midnite

Comment

As I recall, the MSUV was selling at a marked-down price of $99, two or three month's ago. I was just remarking to the LOML that I thought it was absurd that HD had it listed as $199 in the so-called "Father's Day Flyer".

I've noticed that Home Depot does this a lot with their flyer advertising... rarely is anything really on sale... it's just featured!

By the way, does anybody know who Home Depot pays so that it can become the "PROUD SPONSOR OF FATHER'S DAY!".

CWS

Comment

"proud Sponsor Of Father's Day!".

yea right! You never buy power tools around fathers day, Christmas or other holidays that give you a long weekend.

I know they aren't doing any real sales for my benefit. At least give the poor wives some $50 gift cards with the "Sale" items then. But it all goes back to supply and demand. Remember the 12 gal shop vac "sale" the day after thanksgiving? my local HD only had 80 and people were buying five at a time. No limit per costumer but it's all about the $$$$. That's why i got a shopvac somewhere else.

There's a plaque in the kitchen at the Centerville dairy queen, "IF WE DON'T TAKE CARE OF OUR CUSTOMERS SOMEONE ELSE WILL!"

Home Depot's motto is "IF YOU WON'T BUY IT SOMEONE ELSE WILL.
        "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
        "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

That's odd. Rarely if ever are tools and shop gear cheaper in Canada, but at least where I live the MSUV is going for CDN$169, and has been for months. I planned on picking one up, but when I bought my new Makita LS1013L the other day (which rocks my socks, incidentally), the dude ended up throwing in a pretty nice stationary Makita stand for free, I guess because 1) he was going out of business, or 2) he figured I was wavering on buying the saw, which I wasn't; I was just killing time in the store because it had started raining and I didn't wanna load the thing while getting poured on.

Comment

In all fairness, Home Depot has their moments.

I agree with the statement about the holiday's and Home Depot. Lowe's tends to send out the flyer of no bargains on a regular basis also. I will say I made out pretty good recently by buying $2K in tools, getting a 10% discount for opening an account on those and in return getting a $500 gift card. My wife took the card to put toward a frig. I got a lot of things that are orange and black.

Kilroy was here!
            Kilroy was here!

Comment

I hate to suggest it, but we may be part of the problem: We honestly give our kudos to a good product, and then some twit in a little green eye-shade says "Hey, if its that good we aren't charging enough for it!". Wonder if they'll drop the price if we pan the product?
              Beings the TS3650 was also in sale recently for $50 off, I wonder if its going to go to $600 next?
              Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Gofor if you are right then I'll buy DELTA Instead of RIDGID!!! Home disappointment screwed me once with the 12 gal shop vac and I do know where to get cheaper parts than HD. So if push comes to shove i can do the same to HD that i do with Walmart. NEVER SET FOOT IN THERE AGAIN!!!!
                "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

the home depot close to me has them for $250 on sale for $199 this week. but they also have a 5 pc ridgid cordless set on sale right now for $569 plus tax,yes i have sent an e-mail to home depot's hot line but i am sure nothing will happen with it.
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Wow, a few months back I picked up a MSUV for $99.00. origional price was $150. As much as I like the thing, I personally believe its way overpriced at $200.00.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG.
                      For $199... until June 21 according to the HD circular.

They call call this a sale??

They should be ashamed taking advantage of all the unknowing wifey's that will no doubt partake in the "sale" for Father's Day.
                      happy fathers day to all!

Comment

Working...
                      X