thoughts on stor-n-go vac?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on stor-n-go vac?

I decided yesterday, after hauling my old 16 gallon vac out of the basement, that it's time to downsize my shop vac. The 16 gallon was great when I was renovating, but I'm past that now and find the 16 gallon with hoses and attachments way too big for my needs.

I'm looking at something like Ridgid's Stor-n-Go wall mounted vac (or the Craftsman equivalent with more attachments). I can't seem to find any reviews on the product, so I'm wondering if anyone can give me some feedback?

Thanks.

As long as you don't expect it to perform at the same level as your 16 gal, whats not to like? I especially like the idea of the wall mounting feature and the extra long hose. Although the hose is an odd size at 1-7/8", it shouldn't be that difficult to jury-rig up an adapter for it to fit a ROS or a router table or other low volume sawdust producing tools.

I don't own one of these Stor-n-Go vacs but I will definitely consider one or one like it when my small 5 gal. Shop Vac dies.
    Last edited by BadgerDave; 06-16-2006, 10:23 AM.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Well, I bought the Stor-N-Go and I have to say it's pretty awesome and perfect for my needs.

The hose and attachments at 1-7/8" are smaller than the 16 gallon's 2-1/2", but that doesn't create any performance problems except that it might take slightly more time to clean up. I do have two questions, though -- I emailed them to Ridgid tech support, but I figured I'd post here too:

1. My miter saw has an 1-7/8" exhaust port, which is the same size as the Stor-N-Go hose. Is there a coupling available to connect?

2. My table saw has an exhaust port that accepts 2-1/2" hoses. Is there an adapter that will allow me to connect?

*I don't expect this vac to serve as a dust collection machine, but if I can connect to the tools it can at least help me reduce the sawdust in my basement when I'm working down there.

One thing that does annoy me is there is no squeegee supplied with the accessories -- it is only available directly through Ridgid or in the 1-7/8" accessory pack at HD that has all of the items already included with the Stor-N-Go, plus the squeegee and another item. Since I get a $40 gift card from HD for buying the vac, I was hoping I could get this in the store.

Comment

Answer to question....

"1. My miter saw has an 1-7/8" exhaust port, which is the same size as the Stor-N-Go hose. Is there a coupling available to connect?

2. My table saw has an exhaust port that accepts 2-1/2" hoses. Is there an adapter that will allow me to connect?"

-------------------------------------------
        The store and go coupler may be removed from the end of your hose to allow the flexible portion of your hose to be directly friction fit to your miter saw. The 2 1/2” hose will also fit your unit as well. The hose is only 1 7/8” the vac inlet port is 2 ½”. The pro hose will work as a solution, as well the VT2570. You can call customer service at 1-800-474-3443 and an agent will be more than happy to assist you in placing an order.
        --------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks, Josh. That's exactly the information I need. You are very helpful around here and do a good job.

I'll use the $40 gift card from HD to buy the Pro Hose (VT2570). The HD website it is an online only item, but I've seen one in every store around here.

Gonna go try the miter saw attachment right now ...

dp

Comment

Wd4050

I picked up the 4gal, WD4050, and it does a fine job adapted to either my MS1290LZ Miter Saw, or 3650 Table Saw.

Comment

Working...
            X