X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ridgid Bandsaw has failed

My Ridgid 14" bandsaw is down. That tension spring broke at the end loop. Does anyone know what I can do?
    I don't need this right now
    Last edited by Ricka220; 06-17-2006, 11:59 PM.
    Check out my Wood Art

WWW.Woodensail.com

Many places sell aftermarket replacement springs for bandsaws, check your favorite woodworking supply house

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks
      Many places sell aftermarket replacement springs for bandsaws, check your favorite woodworking supply house
      So is this a common occurrance? It's such a hefty spring. I was amazed that it should break like that.
      Rick
      Check out my Wood Art

WWW.Woodensail.com

Comment

I have a spare spring, if you want it. I replaced mine with one from here, http://www.tufftooth.com/ much better than original.
        They also have a repair kit, you might want to check out.

Comment

I don't think it is common that they break but it is common that they wear out as they are always under stress and tend to loose their strength which makes it difficult to tension the wider resaw blades. The after market springs also tend to be stronger for that very reason

Comment

Good news

I bought a Dewalt scroll saw for my work and the spring problem is not an issue since I no longer use 1/8th inch blades on the bandsaw.

Check out my Wood Art

WWW.Woodensail.com

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that if you are not going to be using the BS for any length of time to back off the tension on the blade. This will help with spring life, prevent flat spots on the tires and reduce blade stretch. I always back off the tension on mine when I know I will not be using it for awhile and have had no problems with it.
              SSG, U.S. Army
              Retired
              K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Sounds like a good procedure

But I actually use it almost every day.
                Check out my Wood Art

WWW.Woodensail.com

Comment

Working...
                X