Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact Driver Mail in Rebate

Hello,

I recently purchased a 14.4v X2 drill with Impact Drive mail in rebate. I sent the rebate in and was just wondering how long I should expect it to take to get the driver in. Has anyone had any experience with this rebate or other Ridgid rebates? How is there turn around time and reliablity?

Thanks,

Josh

I mailed my rebate on June 14 and just receive my impact driver yesterday (July 5). Pretty quick, less than a month. It comes in a standard brown cardboard box with the impact driver and a battery along with the instuction manual. I registered it for the life time service agreement and just need to mail in the UPC and purchased receipt. There is a UPC on the box, but as far as the purchased receipt I am not sure what to send in. I have been very please with my ridgid tools.

Comment

Wesf, you need to send in a copy of the receipt for the tool you purchased that qualified you for the free impact driver. A cover letter explaining the situation should clafify any questions on Ridgid's end. I did this when I registered my stuff. In the cover letter, I also included the Ridgid model numbers, serial numbers and Ridgid ID# assigned to each tool in my eBox. I also included my eBox login name. I can't remember exactly how long it took but in a very short period of time the status of my tools in my eBox was upgraded to LLSA covered and I also received my LLSA Registration Card and number shortly after that. Hope that helps.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

BadgerDave,
        Thanks for the information.

Comment

Update

Well just wanted to let people know that I sent my rebate out on 6/27 and I got my impact driver today. The impact driver came with a non rapid max battery and manual. I was kinda disappointed that it didn't come with a case/charger and rapid max battery. However I am not complaining as it was basically free with no fuss. You can order a case from the parts center though, however I do not know how much they are.

Just for testing purposes I slapped my battery from my drill on it while the new one was charging. I put a 3/8" socket adapter on it with a 3/4" impact socket and tried to remove a wheel lug that was on my jeep that I am currently rebuilding. I was expecting it to remove the lug and it didn't. I was a little bummed so I went to take the socket off and realized that the 3/8" socket adapter shaft had twisted like a twizler. I then realized my stupidity that I had not had the driver in reverse. DOH! Well needless to say when I found my 1/2" socket adapter buried in the tool box after ruining the 3/8" I was then able to easily remove the lugs without a problem. I am very impressed with the torque of this little driver. My torque wrench is on loan right now so I do not have a good idea of the actual reading though.

Josh

Comment

Working...
          X