X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should it take to get a "gift card?"

I bought my TS3650 end of April and sent in the paperwork same day. I'm still waiting for the promised "gift card." Do any of you guys know what the usual wait is on this?

BTW, I love the TS. It is a genuine pleasure to work with and I have worked with many different professional-level TS's.
    Unanswered Questions
    are far less dangerous
    than Unquestioned Answers.

hiloguy,

if it is any consolation, I haven't received mine yet either. I bought mine on the last day of the sale May 3rd, and I was wondering the same thing. I have since gotten the credit card bill twice but no gift card. Maybe Josh has some insight?

Comment

On the application form for the gift card I sent in it states, "Allow 4-6 weeks to receive gift card." I sent my request in on May 8th, almost 8 weeks ago. According to the HD gift card trace website, they claim that they have yet to receive my application and to check back in 5 days!!!!!! I called and got a runaround nonanswer from their CS. I then had the CS Desk at the local HD look into it and they also got the same runaround from Atlanta.

So, in answer to your original question about how long you have to wait before your gift card arrives, it appears to me that the answer is FOREVER.
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 07-01-2006, 11:00 AM.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

if it is any thing like reciving there life time agrement well it isn't looking good since it has been over a year since i registered my tools
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

BadgerDave,

how can you check the gift card tracking system?

Kev

Comment

I called CS on Thursday, and they informed me that they have fired the vendor they previously used to process the rebates. As a result there was a delay in getting the applications entered.

I was told it would probably be another 4 weeks (possibly faster).

I think this is all part of the runaround typical for rebates. Delay, delay delay is the name of the game. They are hoping you forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev Dog
              BadgerDave, how can you check the gift card tracking system?
              Kev
              www.fast-giftcard.com/giftcardstatus

Comment

Thanks Dave,

Like you, mine said the same thing. I hope this "new company" gets a handle on this.

Kev

Comment

If my HD Credit Card payment isn't received by the date they tell me it has to be received by then HD charges me a late fee. Seems to me that if HD doesn't get me the Gift Card within the time frame that THEY have set then HD should increase the value of the Gift Card by at least the amount they would charge me for a late fee. What's good for the goose is good for the gander bla bla bla..........

Comment

Gift card scam?

Well, When I bought my TS3650, HD conned me into buying a very inferior Ryobi 8" bench grinder to get my "Gift Card" up to $125. The grinder had lots of red flags going in and I would never have bought it were it not that it was supposed to end up a freebie considering the "gift card." Too bad, because even aas a freebie, the grinder is junk. It vibrates, takes forever to come up to speed, the little lights that are supposed to help you see what you're grinding shine right in your eyes -- but other than that I guesss it's, well, Ryobi.

Too bad -- I have a Ryobi chop saw (made in Japan) that I bought 25 years ago and it still works great!

The only consolation is that the TS3650 is AWESOME.

Hey, I'll wait a while longer . . . do I have any choice?
                    Unanswered Questions
                    are far less dangerous
                    than Unquestioned Answers.

Comment

Hello
                      I bought a Ryobi DP120 on 27 may because of teh 30 gift card. With it, the drill press is a good deal. Never recieved any gift card, so I call last week and got the response, "No record of it being received". Called again today and got the same. I expressed my disatisfaction over the poor customer service. They told me to fax or mail in the receipt again. I told them I will take it to HD saturday and let them fax it as they were teh ones pushing the gift card in the first place. Will see what happens after they fax it. Maybe I will get my card. Hopefully this won't be the norm for gift cards! Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald
                        Hello
                        I bought a Ryobi DP120 on 27 May because of the 30 gift card. With it, the drill press is a good deal. Never recieved any gift card, so I called last week and got the response, "No record of it being received". Called again today and got the same. I expressed my disatisfaction over the poor customer service. They told me to fax or mail in the receipt again. I told them I will take it to HD saturday and let them fax it as they were the ones pushing the gift card in the first place. Will see what happens after they fax it. Maybe I will get my card. Hopefully this won't be the norm for gift cards! Ron
                        I guess it won't do anygood to let HD know of the problem, right?

Comment

How long should it take to get a "gift card?"

How long does it take to login to your secure account and print out a barcoded coupon?

That's how long it SHOULD take.

You know, I can't believe that they are still using snailmail for this.
                          Last edited by PhilG.; 07-11-2006, 09:17 PM.
                          Phil
                          Tools Rule

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
                            On the application form for the gift card I sent in it states, "Allow 4-6 weeks to receive gift card." I sent my request in on May 8th, almost 8 weeks ago. According to the HD gift card trace website, they claim that they have yet to receive my application and to check back in 5 days!!!!!! I called and got a runaround nonanswer from their CS. I then had the CS Desk at the local HD look into it and they also got the same runaround from Atlanta.

So, in answer to your original question about how long you have to wait before your gift card arrives, it appears to me that the answer is FOREVER.
                            sounds familiar..

Comment

On 7/10 I went to HD's rebate info site to again check and see if there was any info about my Gift Card, http://homedepot.rebatestatus.com/search.aspx

It looks like they have updated this site. After entering this info on page 1 it took me to page 2 where again they provided no info on the status of my Gift Card. However, on the upper RH part of the page was a link entitled Contact Us About A Rebate. Clicked on that and went to a page where I had to provide name, address, email address, phone # place of purchase(?), manufacturer of qualifying product, qualifying product, date Gift Card request was originally sent and rebate(Gift Card) amount. In the product box I included HD's PN from the product description on the receipt. There also was another box where you could give them additional info. In that box I referenced the Auth. Code from the receipt and also the Bar Code # on the receipt.

As of this AM I still hadn't received an email back from them so I decided to check the site once again. Guess what? It's a miracle, they found my application or at least they have started the processing procedure. Still no date as to when I can expect it but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyone else still waiting for a long overdue Gift Card should go to this site and see if your request hasn't also been updated. Or, at the very least, fill out the information and keep a copy for future reference.
                              Last edited by BadgerDave; 07-13-2006, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X