X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconditioned Tools-lifetime Service Agreement

Does any one know if the lifetime service agreement would also apply to reconditioned tools?

The Limited Lifetime Service Agreement applies to the original purchaser of the tool and is not transfereble. That would lead me to believe that reconditioned tools would not be covered under the LLSA. You can find the full written version of the LLSA at http://www.ridgid.com
    Last edited by BadgerDave; 07-17-2006, 01:59 PM.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

It does not. I called Ridgid customer service about that same issue a few days ago and they told me the tools must be new to qualify for the lifetime warranty.

Comment

Thanks

You saved me a phone call, I sure love those phone trees. Now to figure out if it is worth buying from Cummings tools when their sale truck comes to town. The $100 extra for new, is a lifetime peace of mind with the service agreement.

Comment

That was my problem too. You can buy the reconditioned 4 piece 18v combo on Amazon.com for $279 vs. $399 new at Home Depot. I figure that in the end, I'd end up buying more than $120 worth of batteries or repairs over the next several years. I have a Dewalt 18v hammer drill that I've had in the shop a couple of times and bought at least two new batteries for it (at $75 ea.) over the course of about 5 years.

On the other hand, I have contractor friends that have bought the reconditioned Ridgid tools and were perfectly happy with them.

Comment

i bought the three piece combo as well as a 10 inch compound miter saw from a truckload sale about a year ago. i would not hesitate to go that route again (I am really close to pulling the trigger on the 18v recipricating saw, jig saw, and hand planer within the next week.

Comment

Rigid lifetime warranty is a hoax!

As far as does rigid honor the lifetime warranty on reconditioned tools- the answer is no. I bought a combo set from Home Depot and had a previous problem with my miter saw. The authorized repair center insisted that I would receive back a reconditioned miter saw instead and even TRIED to charge me $25.00 for it. I accepted unhappily- and recently had another problem with. Know what they told me this time- they could not fix it under warranty because it is reconditioned. What a joke- I didn't want the reconditioned unit to begin with. On my sawzall- I accidently cut the cord (mistakes can happen you know!), and because of this they would not even look at the problem I was having with getting blades removed from the tip- nothing even related to the power cord. My wife had just bought me the cordless caulk gun for my birthday- it was still unopened- so needless to say- that got returned as soon as I learned just exactly how WONDERFUL the rigid lifetime warranty really is. And I am spreading the word to many on how wonderful a company RIGID tools really is!

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
                The Limited Lifetime Service Agreement applies to the original purchaser of the tool and is not transfereble. That would lead me to believe that reconditioned tools would not be covered under the LLSA. You can find the full written version of the LLSA at http://www.ridgid.com

Howdy Gentlemen,

I am in the market for all the major tools and am really attracted by the Lifetime Service Agreement that Rigid has. I am relocating from Oklahoma to Connecticut where I will have two 70'x25' buildings one of them to be used for a wood shop. I wonder if we have any soothsayers in the forum who would care to take a guess as to how long Rigid may be offering this agreement. My move is about 3-9 months away and I don't want to miss out on this and don't want to lug all that heavy equipment half way across the county. Any "feelings" on this guys and gals?

Thank you

Alan

Comment

Alan, the RIDGID Limited Lifetime Service Agreement is not a promotion, it's in addition to their standard 3 year warranty which covers manufatures defects. Never say never but there have been no indications that RIDGID plans to discontinue this program anytime soon. Time will tell of course but my feeling is that other companies may follow suit eventually if the RIDGID program proves to be a success. By success, I mean increased sales.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thank you Badger Dave, I am getting real excited about setting up my shop, I did a little wood working many years ago. I have been reading this forum a lot and there are bunches of really helpful information.

Thank you,

Alan

Comment

I'm not sure what the policy was back in 2002, but I purchased my TS 2424 from a local HD and called Ridgid for some parts that were "cosmetically" defective (first owner got the fence a bit close to the blade). A few days later, voila, the aluminum extrusion that comprises the majority of the fence was waiting by the door when I got home from work. Mine was one of the last Emerson manfactured units, so I do not know if that affects the service I have received.
                      Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

Working...
                      X