Max HC & Max 2.5Ah batts in multi tool kits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max HC & Max 2.5Ah batts in multi tool kits

I would like to clear a few things up after reading a few posts here, talking to the sales person at HD and just gotting off the phone with Ridgid Customer Support and Tim a Technician at Ridgid. I was told by HD and read that the multi piece tool kits come with the new MAX 2.4Ah (Amp Hour) batteries. The salesperson at HD made a good case for buying Ridgid becasue of the LSA and new long running batteries. I bought a 5 piece kit(hammer drill, skill saw, saw all, impact driver and flash light) in June 06 and a 2 piece kit (drill and jig saw) in July 06 and the 5 piece kit has the MAX 2.4Ah batteries and a dual charger and the 2 piece kit has the MAX HC batteries and single charger. After talking with the a Ridgid technican today, I learned you can tell the age of a kit is by the last numbers printed on the box or batteries. My 5 piece is 0617 which means 17th week of 2006. My 2 piece is 0545 which means 45 week of 2005. The technician informed me not all multi tool kits will have the new batteries and buying a 2 piece kit at a different store should still have the MAX HC and not the MAX 2.4Ah. The technician did not offer to upgrade the batteries in the 2 piece kit so I guess one of the reasons I bought the 2 piece kit is gone and they will be headed back to HD for a refund. I may try and find a newer set at a different HD and I will report back if I find the newer batteries. Specifications: MAX 2.4 battery is 2.4 amp hours and the MAX HC battery is 1.9 amp hour or 25 % more energy. The dual battery charger has a fan to aid in cooling the batteries and the single does not have the fan but they work on both types of batteries. All that said I have been very happy with the 18V tools that came in the 5 piece kit. I would recommend if you are buying a set of tools that you check the build date and get the latest manufacture date you can and maybe you will get lucky and get the newer batteries.

DeJa vu

Thanks for the post, I just bought exactly the same 2 kits. I am headed for my garage to check the dates now.

Comment

Just finished checking

My serial number on my batteries are 0552, but it is clearly stamped on the batteries, "MAX 2.5Ah", so I am assuming I have the 2.5 amp hour batteries.

Comment

You do, the old batteries have no indication of the AH rating

Comment

Working...
        X