loud clicking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loud clicking

i just purchased a 12v cordless drill gun . when the gun is high speed and i release the trigger the gun makes a very loud clicking sound. i am asking if this a normal sound for the rigid guns.

Hard to tell from your description, they do make a noise as they stop because of the dynamic breaking. For piece of mind try the display at HD and see if it makes the same sound

Comment

Wayne, you know where there is a HD with display tools that work??
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D.
        Wayne, you know where there is a HD with display tools that work??
        i get that complaint alot at work but it's HD's policy for the batteries to be discharged before they can go on display. Thier reason is for safety. Don't want any kids getting thier fingers stuck in the chucks and tightening it and crushing it or something.

If you ask a HD associate in the tool department some stores have charged batteries aorund that we will put in tools so people can try them. I'm sure not all stores do this but mine at least does.

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks
          Hard to tell from your description, they do make a noise as they stop because of the dynamic breaking. For piece of mind try the display at HD and see if it makes the same sound
          I have a Dewalt gun that does the same thing. I always thought of it as being normal because of the dynamic braking.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
          X