Sawsall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawsall

I'm having trouble with a 6527-21 Model Milwaukee Sawsall. Hard to get the blade out. Is there any help on this forum or is there a milwaukee forum some where? Thanks, jps

YOU need to get a new assembly part number 14-46-1011
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

You can take off the snap ring on the top of the collar,pull collar off and clean the parts,it may just be gummed up. get a parts breakdown on your modle at the mil. website.my first post gives you the part num. for the assembly.

Comment

Milwaukee Forum

Sorry, there used to be a Milwaukee forum called Tool Talk. It got closed down when TTI started cleaning house at Milwaukee. Was shut down somewhere around April 9th. Supposedly you can call Milwaukee at 1-800-SAWDUST for tech help and support and tool questions and such. People used to complain on the forum that whenever they called, they'd spend a whole bunch of time on hold. I don't know how accurate that complaint was, however. Jim Don

Comment

Part #

Thanks for the reply, guys! I should have given more on model #. It is 6527-21 ser.# 963B. There are several 6527-21 models. I have a parts diagram, no such part# as you have given. Chic,can you tell me which part you are telling me to replace? The parts were not dirty at all. I,m thinking I may need new plastic collar! Part # 31-15-0075 on the diagram I have.The blade just would not release when turning collar. Thanks, jps

Comment

you have the old quick loc blade clamp,they have updated it and on your parts list it does not show it as an assembly,it comes as an assembly now.I would recomend you change it to the newer type,(they did away with the plastic collar and replaced it with a metal one)the part no. is 14-46-1011.i do not no the cost of it but i would guess around 15to 20.I will get the cost of it tomorrow at work.I know i have them in stock but i am along way away.check with your local service center. if they donot have it and have to order it,pm me and maybe we can work some thing out to where i can send one to you.

Comment

Thanks much for the great info, Chic. I can't tell you how much I get out of this type of info. I'll check with local dealer and see what he has to say. If no help there, I'll get back to you. Thanks again!!!!!, jps

Comment

New spindle??

My tool man says that part # 14-46-1011 will not work on a saw,Model 6527-21, that was not so equiped when new. Says I also need new spindle. Is this correct info?? Thanks, jps

Comment

If your saw has a quick loc blade holder on it as i think you do.IT WILL WORK.i have been fixing these tools for a long time and never came across any problems.14-46-1011 replaces the old number.like i saide they got rid of all the plastic on the holder. i know penn tool is a long way away but we have branches all over the country.if you want our address and are willing to pay shipping i will take care of you.if you get it here i will get it done and back to you within a week(if all it needs is a blade holder).for the heck of it i am going to call milwk. and get a price and ask them if you are going to need a new spindle(but i know you dont. call penn tool at 330-758-0845 or1-800-321-4010 ask for kevin and then ask for john chiclowe.

Comment

just for a laugh i called milw. and the blade clamp will work on every model except for the brand new version.

Comment

chic has e-mail

Chic, I sent you an e-mail via this site. Let me know if you get it! jps scheernj@mtcnet.net

Comment

Jps, iam glade i was some help.you should recieve the parts you need this week.I do not know why the other two were trying to sell you a shaft?thats what you would have gotten THE SHAFT. thanks jerry.

Comment

Tool Talk seems to be toast. They said something like "we'll be back shortly" and it never came back, so obviously their message was BS. Too bad, it was a great board with lots of great people and lots of talk about nuttin' but tools. It was great!

Originally posted by JimDon
                          Sorry, there used to be a Milwaukee forum called Tool Talk. It got closed down when TTI started cleaning house at Milwaukee. Was shut down somewhere around April 9th. Supposedly you can call Milwaukee at 1-800-SAWDUST for tech help and support and tool questions and such. People used to complain on the forum that whenever they called, they'd spend a whole bunch of time on hold. I don't know how accurate that complaint was, however. Jim Don

Comment

Tool Talk

Sceeter,
                            I used to really enjoy getting on Tool Talk and reading the posts and such. It got messy when they fired Richard who was a heck of a guy and lots of help!. Then people really started rippin' on Milwaukee. I especially liked some of the guys who were really really knowledgeable about big drills and routers. Could learn a lot from reading their posts. I do believe I remember seeing your name on their often too. Oh well, maybe we will get some of those regulars over here some time.
                            Jim Don

Comment

I know! Richard Peterson was an awesome guy and it really sucked when they let him go. It really turned into a protest too.. there was like a "rehire Richard Peterson" post every 2 minutes. LOL He added so much value to the company and really knew the products. Invaluable.

Milwaukee really made a mistake getting rid of Richard and the tool talk forum.

Originally posted by JimDon
                              Sceeter,
                              I used to really enjoy getting on Tool Talk and reading the posts and such. It got messy when they fired Richard who was a heck of a guy and lots of help!. Then people really started rippin' on Milwaukee. I especially liked some of the guys who were really really knowledgeable about big drills and routers. Could learn a lot from reading their posts. I do believe I remember seeing your name on their often too. Oh well, maybe we will get some of those regulars over here some time.
                              Jim Don

Comment

Working...
                              X