X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just brought it home

Woo Hoo! Just brought home the 24v 4 piece combo! Early birthday present. Got a great deal on it. Used a Home Depot 10% coupon and got the 10% Ridgid mail in rebate coming too.

Now I just need something to build...

Originally posted by flbuilder
    Woo Hoo! Just brought home the 24v 4 piece combo! Early birthday present. Got a great deal on it. Used a Home Depot 10% coupon and got the 10% Ridgid mail in rebate coming too.

Now I just need something to build...

Congrats but the big question is, which kit and how much?????

Comment

4 piece combo with the hammer drill, recip saw, circ saw, and flashlight. $649 shelf price minus 20% total discount is $519 before tax. Not too shabby. The lifetime warranty is what really pushed me from Millwaukee to Ridgid. I'm still skeptical that in a couple of years when I exceed the useful battery life of one of these lithium ion batteries, that I could actually send it in and get a free brand new $125 battery with no questions asked, but we'll see. I called both the Ridgid national customer service phone number and spoke to the Ridgid rep at Home Depot and got the same story from both, but time will tell. Could just be what the corporation is feeding them to push sales (marketing). But I also tend to be overly skeptical.

I fiddled with everything after I charged the batteries, but nothing too serious yet. I'm thinking that my 9 month old son could really use a kid sized mini-picnic table in the back yard...

The tools feel like quality products when you hold them and run them. I've heard from many people that the new Dewalt 36v products are too heavy and feel cheaply made, but I don't get that impression from the Ridgid stuff. If their warranty is as good as they say, I hope this will be the last set of tools I will buy for quite a long time.

The circ saw comes with a factory installed edge guide. No more 2x4's and clamps to get a straight rip on wide pieces of 2x wood or plywood. My 10 amp Dewalt circ saw doesn't even have that.
      Last edited by flbuilder; 07-28-2006, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X