X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rehabilitating Ni Cad batteries

Does anyone know of a way to resurrect dead Ni Cad batteries? Our household has three 18 volt Craftsman combo kits and half the batteries do not appear to hold a charge. If they can't be rehabilitated, it's off to HD for 3 new combo kits. Any suggestions or ideas wouold be appreciated.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

off to depot you are

Comment

If the batteries are at 0 volts and will not take a charge you can 'jump start' them so that the charger will accept them. You take a charged battery and connect it to the dead battery + to + and - to -, only takes a minute or so to polarize the dead batteries then they will accept a charge from the charger. This will not change a battery that charges and then dies quickly.

Comment

There are a couple of people on Ebay who put new cells in nicads.
        I've never used them, but they have a lot of good feed back.
        The Craftsman 19.2 volt batteries are pretty cheap, have you looked into buying new ones?

Comment

I've looked into buying new craftsman batteries but the 18 volts are ~$50 each. That's more than we paid for each of the kits. I'll probably give the best batteries to the kids and keep the ridgid 9212 I just got for ~$160 after rebates and coupons.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

batteries

This thread might help...

Batteries

Comment

Working...
            X