X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table saw care

I'm going to be storing my 10" cast iron table saw in an unheated garage. Any tips on proper storage to prevent rust of the table and other parts of the saw?

AAP1X, here are a few idea for ya, http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sea...searchid=34120
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Storing Table Saw

Am also looking for info on storing saw. The link posted would not work for me. Help, please!! jps

Comment

jps, what is your situation if the regular info wont work?

Comment

Do a search for, cast iron rust

It will bring up several topics of interest

Comment

I would spray it down liberally with a good corrosion preventive compound like LPS 3, Boshield T-9, etc. Clean it good to get any sawdust residue off of everything, including the bevel and blade heighth adjustment threads, as they will collect moisture. If its long-term storage, I would remove the belt from the motor and store it in a plastic bag and I would take the tension off the fence lock. By using the corrosion preventive, you can cover it with a tarp or plastic to keep dust and surface moisture off.

HTH's

Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

You should never use an automotive wax on any of your woodworking tools. Most automotive waxes contain silicone which can cause fish eyes to appear on the wood when you apply finish.

As has been mentioned here many times before, products like Bostik TopCote, Boeshied T-9 and Johnsons Paste wax, to name a few, contain no silicone and are a better choice.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
              X