X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with my Band Saw

I have had the BS1400 for almost 2 years now. Had the usual tire problem, got that replaced with no problem. I have only ever had the included 3/8" blade - haven't used it much... obviously. Anyway back in the spring, I went to buy a Ridgid 1/8" blade. It was a few inches too long - no tensioning would make it fit. Returned and got another, it also was too long. I gave up during the summer heat, and just got a 1/4" blade. It is also too long! (Actually it's the same size as that second 1/8" blade I never took back.) Is this operator error or is there something wrong with all this? I checked the manual and it doesn't say anything about this problem... please help!

You need to get away from the ridgid blades and buy timberwolf blades.

Comment

Have you compared the new blades to the 3/8 original?

Comment

The original 3/8 is a lot smaller than the new ones - they are quite a bit bigger. I contacted Ridgid and they told me that they stopped making blades 3 years ago, which makes no sense to me at all since HD still stocks them and its active. I couldn't find a Timberwolf locally so I got a POS craftsman 1/8" blade and it works perfectly fine. Quite annoying. Thanks for the input.

Comment

CHRIS,
          How is the overall performance of your band saw. Do you feel any significant vibration when yu operate the saw?

Comment

Working...
          X