R844 18V Cordless Reciprocating Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R844 18V Cordless Reciprocating Saw

The "chuck" on my cordless reciprocating saw broke and I'd like to get a replacement part or, failing that, buy a new saw. Unfortunately, I cannot find any parts list for the saw and can only purchase a kit that has assesories that I don't need. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gaylan Meyer

Welcome to the forum, any reason you are trying to buy parts for a saw that is under warranty?
    If you need to buy it try ...
    http://www.ordertree.com/modelinfo/R...844.1.1.1.html
    There is a pdf parts manual as well
    Ridgid Part #984935001 - SLIDING ROD W/QUICK RELEASE - $34.82

Comment

Here is another source for that RIDGID part, http://m-and-d.com/ Just type in the part number in the Search Box. I have no experience with nor am I affiliated with M&D.
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 08-28-2006, 06:33 PM.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Hey BD I was not aware there was another online retailer, I guess order tree is counting on that too! Did you see the price diff? M&D only wants $12.17 for the same part that OT wants $34.82
        Another interesting point, Ryobi has the same P/N and it costs $11.57 Hmmm

Comment

Wayne, I don't know how long they've been around. I stumbled onto them one day when I was looking for a cheaper place to buy a replacement blade guard for my 3612 than OrderTree. Interesting story on how my blade guard got damaged but lets just say that I no longer let my youngest brother anywhere near my TS.

I haven't ordered the replacement blade guard yet so I don't know anything about their service levels. One of these days I'll get tired of looking at my damaged guard and finally get around to ordering one. If their service is good I'll let everyone know as their pricing certainly blows OrderTree right out of the water.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Working...
          X