X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which angled finish nailer?

I'm in the market for a 15 ga. angled air finish nailer. I'm presently working on a renovation project on an old house. After that, I will have some use for the nailer off and on but not commercially. I've checked eBay and found the Bostitch, Porter Cable, and DeWalt all run about the same price.

Can anyone give me some feedback on experiences or recommendations you may have with any of these brands, or maybe some others?

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

you really can't go wrong with any of these though i prefer the porter cable but that is because that is the only one i have used.though i have seen alot of the trimers over the years seem to like the bostitch. and well i don't much care for dewalt anything but to be fair i have never used or even seen the dewalt in the field witch leads me to belive the dewalt nailers are fairly new to the market
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Without hesitation the Porter Cable DA250B is an excellent nail gun. When I was in the market, I found a factory reconditioned DA250BR for $99. The only way I could tell that it was not a brand new unit was that the selection of nails that comes with a NIB unit wasn't included with mine. Otherwise it was in perfect condition.

Here is another gun you might want to consider, http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=47612 I've seen it on sale for $80 and if your timing is right you might even be able to get it for less with one of their 20% off coupons.
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 09-02-2006, 08:24 PM.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

palsode always gets excellent reviews, though I've never seen a palsode 15 ga before (only the 16 and 18 models)

Comment

Hello,
          I have a Dewalt D51275 15-Gauge Angled Finish Nailer and I think it is an excellent, powerfull and lightweight nailer. Actually Dewalt is usually my last choice in tools, but I really like this nailer and a few other Dewalt tools I own - mostly older US made Dewalt. As far as nailers go you can't go wrong with Porter-Cable as others mentioned. I have the P-C 16 gauge finish, 18 gauge brad, 18 gauge stapler as well as full round head framing nailer and I'm very pleased with all of them - they are well made and very reliable. I purchased the Dewalt Cordless nailer when it came out, and I was not happy with it at all - way too heavy and did not drive nails all the time. I've also got a Paslode framing nailer and 16 gauge finish nailer and they are great for times when you don't want to drag out the compressor or for a small jobs. All in all I think I like the Porter-Cable line of nailers...

just my 2 cents...

have a great day!

Comment

I was in the same boat not too long ago and eventually settled with the NT65MA2 from Hitachi -- They've always made quality nailers and this model in particular gets excellent reviews. It's lightweight and well-balanced, jams are easy to clear, and the little red 'air duster' button actually comes in handy a lot more often than you'd think. I'd buy it again without hesitation.

http://www.hitachipowertools.com/sto...th=1,9,44,p160,

Have a look at the reviews on Amazon, too.

Comment

you can get the PC DA250B on Amazon for $144 during their current promotion ($25 back on $150 purchase).

Comment

15 Ga Nailer

Just a quick agreement with the Hitachi suggestion. I bought mine because of very good reviews and I am well satisfied with it.

It may be a little bit better gun than you may want to pay for, but you can't beat the hassle-free performance. Hitachi will give you a five year warrenty on their pneumatics.

Comment

finish nailers

I have been interested in a finish nailer, but i really dont know the difference between the straight nailer and the angle nailer, maybe someone can set me straight on this, any help would be appreciated, thanks all,

Comment

Hello tw,

15 gauge finish nailers all have an angled magazine and accept 1-1/4"—2-1/2" "DA" type (with the exception of Bostitch "FN" type) angled finish nails. 16 gauge finish nailers are available with a straight or angled magazine. 16 gauge angled nailers use 1-1/4"—2-1/2" nails where as the 16 gauge straight nailers use 3/4"—2-1/2" nails, giving you a wider range of fasteners. The angle nailers have an advantage sometimes in getting in to tight corners -- for example when installing crown moulding or working on staircases. As far as 15 gauge vs. 16 Gauge, the 15 gauge is obviously a slightly stiffer fastener and has a larger head for better pull-out resistance but as such, it also leaves you with a slightly larger hole to fill. 15 gauge fasteners have a slightly greater angle (34 degrees vs. 20 degrees) than the 16 gauge angled nails. Most if not all, of the 16 gauge angled nails are made by Paslode and you'll notice that they cost about 50-75% more than the same size Paslode straight 16 gauge fastener -- probably is insignificant if you don't shoot a lot of nails, but it's someting to concider.
                    If I were buying only one nailer I would get a 16 gauge since it's a great all-around nailer. That said, it's best to have an 18, 16, and 15 gauge nailer if you can afford it, and if you can justify the use. However, with a 15 gauge finish nailer and an 18 gauge brad nailer you have most of the bases covered...
                    Last edited by Newman; 09-07-2006, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman
                      ..........However, with a 15 gauge finish nailer and an 18 gauge brad nailer you have most of the bases covered...
                      I agree. With those two nailers you've got everything covered from tacking two pieces to gether "until the glue dries" to installing finish trip.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies...it's going to be a PC

Thanks guys!

You've been super helpful. I have decided on the PC DA250. I found a real deal on allprotools.com (see the other thread I posted about the deal).

I apologize for not replying sooner but I have been away from home. I'm a new grandpa! My first grandchild...a boy!...was born on 9/5. He's a beauty. I'm already shopping for his first toolbelt.

Thanks again.
                        Charlie

Comment

Charlie, congrats on the new grandson.

I believe you'll be very happy also with that new nailer. That really is an excellent price for a NIB DA250B.

Comment

Working...
                          X