metric nut drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metric nut drivers

Does anyone know where I can find a 10mm nut driver/bit? The type that will fit & lock into a cordless impact driver. I have no trouble finding standard sizes, but can't seem to find metric sizes.

Thanks

Get a 1/4" hex drive to 1/4" sq. drive adapter and put it in your cordless drill. Then you can use whatever 1/4" sq. drive std. or metric socket you want.

The adapter should be less than $2 at Sears, HD, Lowes, and ACE Hardware stores, and many other places.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I'm surprised your impact driver did'nt come with a hex to square drive bit.
      Once you get one, you can also buy a 1/4 to 3/8 adapter so you can use your 3/8 sockets as well.

Comment

If you are close enough try Windsor

Comment

come to think of it i have never seen that either, i sure hope you doin't need it magntized as what everyone here is telling you how to get what you want with adapters that should get the job done
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Those adapters work well in a drill/driver but from my experience they don't do as well in an impact driver. The first time I tried using one in my 14.4V impact driver the adapter broke in half. Thinking it might just be a bad adapter, I put in another and it also broke right away. Granted these were el cheapo adapters but a good one probably won't be cheap either.
            ================================================== ====
            All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Try a Snap-on or MAC tool truck - slightly expesive but top quality...

Comment

found !

northern tools
                metric and fractional made by GRIP

Comment

As Badger Dave,& DCDUDE mentioned, I would recomend going up to 1/2" square drive, and then you can use the heavy duty bits & tops that are good in an impact, or pneumatic tool. I recently had a (cheap & nasty) 13mm top explode in my (visor protected ) face, while using an impact tool, so a few dollars more might be well spent!

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas everyone. Truth is, I won't be using it in a impact driver. At work I frequently use a cordless screwdriver which has a impact style chuck(locks bit in place). Ideally I'd would like to find a 10mm magnetic nutdriver bit! Finding standard sizes is easy, but can't seem to find metric.

Comment

nutdriver

I just look under fasnall web site and did a search and they have a 10mm bit magnetic jeff

Comment

nut driver

also McMaster-carr page 2686 online catalog jeff

Comment

Thanks everyone! Finnally got what I was after at McMaster Carr.

Comment

Working...
                          X