X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metric nut drivers

Does anyone know where I can find a 10mm nut driver/bit? The type that will fit & lock into a cordless impact driver. I have no trouble finding standard sizes, but can't seem to find metric sizes.

Thanks

Get a 1/4" hex drive to 1/4" sq. drive adapter and put it in your cordless drill. Then you can use whatever 1/4" sq. drive std. or metric socket you want.

The adapter should be less than $2 at Sears, HD, Lowes, and ACE Hardware stores, and many other places.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I'm surprised your impact driver did'nt come with a hex to square drive bit.
      Once you get one, you can also buy a 1/4 to 3/8 adapter so you can use your 3/8 sockets as well.

Comment

If you are close enough try Windsor

Comment

come to think of it i have never seen that either, i sure hope you doin't need it magntized as what everyone here is telling you how to get what you want with adapters that should get the job done
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Those adapters work well in a drill/driver but from my experience they don't do as well in an impact driver. The first time I tried using one in my 14.4V impact driver the adapter broke in half. Thinking it might just be a bad adapter, I put in another and it also broke right away. Granted these were el cheapo adapters but a good one probably won't be cheap either.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Try a Snap-on or MAC tool truck - slightly expesive but top quality...

Comment

found !

northern tools
                metric and fractional made by GRIP

Comment

As Badger Dave,& DCDUDE mentioned, I would recomend going up to 1/2" square drive, and then you can use the heavy duty bits & tops that are good in an impact, or pneumatic tool. I recently had a (cheap & nasty) 13mm top explode in my (visor protected ) face, while using an impact tool, so a few dollars more might be well spent!

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas everyone. Truth is, I won't be using it in a impact driver. At work I frequently use a cordless screwdriver which has a impact style chuck(locks bit in place). Ideally I'd would like to find a 10mm magnetic nutdriver bit! Finding standard sizes is easy, but can't seem to find metric.

Comment

nutdriver

I just look under fasnall web site and did a search and they have a 10mm bit magnetic jeff

Comment

nut driver

also McMaster-carr page 2686 online catalog jeff

Comment

Thanks everyone! Finnally got what I was after at McMaster Carr.

Comment

Working...
                          X