dust collectors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dust collectors?

I was looking through the Lee Valley Catalogue and seen a cool DC system that hook up tp you shop vac for about 90 bucks CDN. It consists of about 30 feet of clear 2" pipe and various connectors.

I have a small shop (1 car garage) and was thinking about hooking this up to a decent shop vac. Should I be concerned about the small diameter of the pipe? 2" seems small to connect with an adaptor to a TS.

What do you guys think?

If you plan on hooking up a jointer or planer to this proposed system I think your money would be better spent if you invested in a real dust collector. On the other side of the coin, if all you plan on hooking up is your table saw, router and a ROS then you'll probably be OK. You won't experience the same results as you would with a dedicated dust collector but it will cut down on your broom and dust pan time.
    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    ------- Henry Ford

Comment

after doing some more research (especially the new tool review book by taunton) I have decided to forget about the cheapie way out and should just put the money aside to buy a real dust collector. I am sure I will grow into it as I progress.

Thanks for the feedback fellas.

Comment

He seems a bit extreme, but being an engineer myself, I understand the thoroughness. Check out Bob Pentz site on wood dust. Warning, it'll scare the bejesus out of you, but def good reading on woodshop dust control.
        Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

Working...
        X