X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap TS3650 arbor solution?

Why not install a small rubber O ring just big enough to fill the groove?

It would keep the dado blade even with the others, and once the arbor nut was tightened, that puppy wouldn't move.

Whaddya think?

Al
    America:
    The land of the free
    Because of the brave

I don't know if you have a 3650 with the arbor problem. Ridgid knows there was a problem and will fix it so why try and patch it up?
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I agree with TOD. I would rather to have it fixed right. Plus I would be concerned about the O-ring wearing off due to the blade(s) rubbing on it from install/removal of them and time. I guess I would rather go through the trouble of packing it all up and taking it to a repair shop one time (as other posters here have mentioned Ridgid will no longer send the new arbor to you) than potentially having to worry about it more than once.

JMHO.......
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by TOD
        I don't know if you have a 3650 with the arbor problem. Ridgid knows there was a problem and will fix it so why try and patch it up?
        I do, and you're right.

Originally posted by wwsmith
        I agree with TOD. I would rather to have it fixed right. Plus I would be concerned about the O-ring wearing off due to the blade(s) rubbing on it from install/removal of them and time. I guess I would rather go through the trouble of packing it all up and taking it to a repair shop one time (as other posters here have mentioned Ridgid will no longer send the new arbor to you) than potentially having to worry about it more than once.
        I know you're both right. I just need to get off my lazy a** and do it.

Al
        America:
        The land of the free
        Because of the brave

Comment

i have the 3650 with the arbor problem but i bought it around 3 years ago do you know if H D will still replace the arbor an also do yopu know how i can get a hold of the department that takes care of this problem.
          any responce would be greatly appreciated.
          Thank You!!!!

Comment

HD is out of the picture after 90 days. you need to call Ridgid 1-866-539-1710 or take the saw to an authorized repair center

Comment

Working...
            X